Replace props as preventative maintenance?

Reaction score
I have close to 100 hours on the original P4 props. I just replaced the props with new ones. I was concerned about stress damage.

What do you guys do?

I check mine prior to each flight and replace them if I notice any signs of wear/damage. There's no magic number of flights, so you really need to make a habit of checking them each time.

Rich,

Glad to hear you made it to 100 hours on the props. I've got 60 hours on mine and was planning on replacement at 100, just on principle mostly.

AD

I have close to 100 hours on the original P4 props. I just replaced the props with new ones. I was concerned about stress damage.

What do you guys do?
...Rich, I fly conservatively but I do fly in windy conditions on occasion, I've replaced 2ea/sets at 40hrs, both
sets exhibited same wear tolerances, see more nfo on this subject:
...www.GasRecovery.net , Equip Page, Phantom Tab

...Rich, I fly conservatively but I do fly in windy conditions on occasion, I've replaced 2ea/sets at 40hrs, both
sets exhibited same wear tolerances, see more nfo on this subject:
...www.GasRecovery.net , Equip Page, Phantom Tab
My friend, you have some seriously nice gear. I enjoyed my visit to your website. 40 hours seems like a comfortable interval, I think I'll go with that. Thanks.

My friend, you have some seriously nice gear. I enjoyed my visit to your website. 40 hours seems like a comfortable interval, I think I'll go with that. Thanks.
...Rich, yep, I think Risk vs Cost its a NoBrainer, Clear Skies...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Anyone here balance their props? I bought a Du-Bro prop balancer kit & found 4 of 8 DJI props [a little] out of balance. I have a set of after market props that came with a prop installation kit and all 4 props were REALLY out of balance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31