Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Repeater not connecting

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Cajvol94, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Cajvol94

I'm able to set up the TP link 703n repeater and created another wifi name just changing the last letter in the FC40_####. My iPhone connects to the repeater that's linked to the fc40 camera but when I pull up the app with the repeaters name I get "connection failed to fc40" and also a prompt that asks for a password with the option to "cancel" or "ok". Confused as I don't even have a password set up? Why does that pop up? Anyhow weather I choose to "cancel" or hit "ok" in both cases it just causes the app to close and goes to my iPhones home screen.
    I even spent 3+hrs on the phone with Wifi Expert which is where I purchased it and no luck. We both now are scratching out heads.
    Any ideas???

2. darwin-t

In my case, I had to connect a cable to the repeater and go through a setup program which dedicates it to the camera.

Then I turned on the camera, then turned on the repeater, waited a minute or two and then connected my phone to the repeater.

In the setup, I had the option of adding a password or not. I had to run the setup several times to get it to work.

3. Cajvol94

I didn't add a password. And did all of this and then some. I'm gonna send this back and try a different router.

4. wattage

What mode is it in? AP, client, router, repeater or bridge mode? I could only get my 3040 to work in bridge mode.

5. Cajvol94

Bridge mode. I'm gonna try the 3040.

6. wattage

You'll probably be disappointed. The antenna mod may work but I've not tried that myself.

7. Cajvol94

Well I got the tp link 3040 to work. Works pretty well.

Just curious it seems that I get better range weather stock or with the repeater on just using the FPV w/o recording. For instance stock camera I'd get 80-100yds recording and @150-175yds not recording. And now with the repeater I get about 125-150yds recoding and like 300+yds not recording. Anyone else experience this?

8. wattage

Took mine up the hills today to test the 3040 and I found the same. Didn't get a chance to measure distances but when recording with the FC40 about 300 ft away, the frame rate became very slow then froze like it had lost WiFi. As I got it nearer, still recording, the video started streaming again. At the same distance, not recording, the frame rate was a bit sluggish but much better than it was while recording.

I'd guess the recording to MicroSD process robs power from the WiFi transmitter.

9. Cajvol94

Ok that makes sense. And glad it's just not my camera. I'm currently using the TP 3040 without a antenna mod and works great.

10. wattage

Nice one :) Got a picture of it?

11. Cajvol94

Sorry should have typed without. I fixed it.