Repairing Phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've owned a Phantom 3pro for a few months and unfortunately ditched it recently .

As far as I can tell I have sheered the gimbal arm , and all but one carbon props.

Does anyone have any advice or methods to check it over to see if any other damage has been done externally or internally ?

I am guessing I will need a new gimbal and possibly camera depending if they are sold seprately, so does anyone have any advice on where would be a good place to look for parts (I'm in the UK)?

Also is it a simple switch out job or is it more complicated than that ?!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice .

Does anyone have any advice or methods to check it over to see if any other damage has been done externally or internally?
To check it internally, you'd have to open the shell and inspect it. That of course means you'll need to know what the inside of a brand new Phantom looks like. If you need advice, please post detailed photos of the damage so we can see what you're describing.

Great , on my next day off I will post photos.
Thanks for the swift reply.

Is there a function on the software that will run checks to see what is or isn't responding correctly , before opening it up ?

No. If you don't hear anything rattling around inside of your Phantom and all seems to work as designed after repairing the external damage, then it's probably not worth opening the shell to inspect it.

I would check into having a someone that has a good rep and experience fixing the camera, parts are expensive and it's not a easy task the cable itself is super easy to tear and YouTube videos just don't tell the whole deal. As far as the aircraft itself as long as the arms are still solid your fine, but many times the bolt mounts will separate and it will be weaker. One thing that works well to stiffen up the arms and help with stress is 1/4" zip ties through the vent holes on the arms and go over the top and draw them tight, it really helps clamp the two halves together, truthfully I don't think they use enough bolts to clamp the shell properly

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ive been working on my P3A that I just bought from someone who crashed it; basing my self on youtube clips I managed to completely disassemble the gimbal and straighten one arm (it will be replaced when my order arrives). Its tedious, but if you take your time its certainly not undoable. You can buy spare parts like the gimbal arms, but they are a bit difficult to find.. You can also 3D print them or have them printed, designs are on thingiverse. For instance:
DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Parts (arm YAW, ROLL) by 33dev

I wouldnt worry too much about it being printed in plastic (or nylon if you can); I wouldnt be surprised if a printed arm was stronger than the original one, even if also a little heavier.

little video i made on how to completely take apart a P2 gimbal (P3 is very similar, couple more screws, that's all)
but if you find it to challenging just send it over and i'll fix it for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4