Repair Service?

Reaction score
Believe it or not my Phantom suffered a Bird/Bat Strike last night. I was practicing some tracking runs and learning how to use CL/HL after dark over a soccer field at 90 feet. As I was finishing up I put her into RTH and heard the swoosh of wings over my head. A second later I hear a thud and my P2 flat spins into the parking lot in an explosion of props, battery and landing gear. On inspection 4 props broke, the landing gear buckled, the battery case cracked and my gimbal bent but the P2 is perfectly fine. A thorough inspection on the workbench showed no cracks, lose wires or damage to the motors. Popped in the a spare battery, attached the extended legs I was going to install anyway, recalibrated and the P2 flew fine this morning.
Regarding my Gimbal. I had purchased a damaged H3 2D to swap out the Go Pro connector in place of the 3D ribbon cable.
Would the Gimbal arms be interchangeable???
Should I send it to someone?????
Should I toss both in the recycling bin???

Sorry but there is no footage the Go Pro was destroyed in the crash as well.

rgc2005 said:
Should I toss both in the recycling bin???

I hope it doesn't come to that, and I don't know how much interchangability there is between the rest of the 2D and 3D hardware...but if you do get to that point, I'm calling dibs on your broken 2D :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.