Repair / replace antenna on remote transmitter?

Reaction score
So in my cheapness early on I was carrying my Phantom and controller in a backpack and snapped off the S1 switch.

When I opened the controller to replace the switch (not my first time opening, but I guess it "popped open" a little fast) the antenna lead pulled clean out of the micro-sma (or whatever it is) connector which is conveniently glued to the Tx board.

I can shove it back in thru the heatshrink tube that's still there, but my range is now approximately 150 feet before the Phantom goes into failsafe, so I'm pretty sure that's not fixing the problem. I don't know if I'll be able to correctly recrimp that little connector, so I figured I could just buy a new antenna with the lead intact, but I can't find that anywhere either.

I can't be the only one this has happened to... is there any 3rd party replacement available or has anyone found a better way to repair this? I'm pretty much grounded till I figure it out!

Search for a "U.FL to RP-SMA" adapter, then use any wifi antenna with a RP-SMA connector.
(Be sure to use a wifi antenna for the appropriate band: 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers