REPAIR QUESTION PV2+

Reaction score
Hello all- *****UPDATE*****

I now have video of the Loss and Recovery of my PV2+ here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHofl3UY1k

Had a little incident a few days ago with my PV2+. I was at 2500 feet in a hover and the PV2+ either took off on its' own or was carried by the wind very far away.

After 4 days of looking I was actually able to recover the little guy from the heavily wooded area and just in time as it had started snowing and would have been lost forever.

Amazingly, there was damage but not a complete loss and I was able to charge the battery and power up normally.

It appears the gimbal took the initial impact of falling from 2500 feet as the arm that holds the camera was bent and the camera itself had broken off severing the control ribbon.

When I power up a "beep beep" noise is heard from the gimbal and a red light is flashing inside.

My question is, are the gimbals repairable? Is there a repair kit or is it necessary to replace the entire unit and if replacement is necessary to replace the camera as well. I have no way right now to test existing camera to see if it has been damaged as well but it does not have any external damage at all.

Interestingly, I was able to salvage the video of the final moments up until the battery died at altitude. It must have fallen like a brick straight down.

Fortunately I was able to use the "find my Phantom" feature as a last known point and conducted a search from there. I assumed the PV2+ was trying to return to home but this was not the case as evidenced by the recovered video and the location in which it was recovered. It was traveling away from home despite the fact I had tried to initiate a return to home .

Just happy to have it back in my hands and ordered a PET TRACKER GPS tag for use in ALL future flights. The "Find my Phantom" was instrumental in recovering my Phantom but I found it over 800 feet away from last known position and only through 4 solid days of a careful grid search through heavily wooded areas.

In general you have to replace the whole gimbal/camera unit and it's about half the cost of the P2+.
One of the members here (Burlbark) is having some luck with some gimbal repairs so contact him for more info.
BTW the beep comes from the ESCs in the arms - not the gimbal.

I'm moving this topic to the PV2+ subforum, where it will probably get more attention and specific advice...

-slinger

Meta4 said:
In general you have to replace the whole gimbal/camera unit and it's about half the cost of the P2+.
One of the members here (Burlbark) is having some luck with some gimbal repairs so contact him for more info.
BTW the beep comes from the ESCs in the arms - not the gimbal.

Thanks Meta. I havent had one that I couldnt repair. I can repair them down to component level. Just hit me up with a PM. 24hour turn around. I can also walk you through the repair here if you think that you could do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers