Repair problems

Reaction score
Well I looked over all of the topics and did not see anything on DJI's repair process, so here is a new topic

About 10 weeks ago I sent in my brand new Vision 2 plus after it dropped Sattalites when I started filming and basically started to fly away, and it did this once before, I tried to land it but the breeze made that a bit hard and the camera struck a rock on landing, the vision flew and filmed 2 more times that day but then had a gimble Seizure issue, the poor thing looks possessed, and I am a pretty good heli pilot so I know that there was a GPS issue.

After reading many articles on the gimble, I have found out that there is a inherent design weakness in the gimble and this is not uncommon.

Now the damage aside, DJI states there is a 4 week turn around, well it took them 4 weeks to check in the unit, what do they have a warehouse filled with packages sent to them and get to them when they can??

Now it's 8 weeks after checkin to Zendesk (total of 12 weeks) and there is no word if they are going to cover anything (oh and the bird was 3.5 weeks old with about 12 flights). I really think DJI needs to look at their customer service and repair service if they want to stay competitive in the UAV market with their Phantom 2 vision Plus line. I send them requests for updates and all I get back is NOTHING, crickets are chirping it is so quite from them.

Does anyone have any ideas on a repair and I am wondering if I can even get the bird back from DJI at this point, I have missed so many video opportunities. I am not sure if anyone has some insight in to the repair-warranty service that can guide me but I as frustrated as hell.

Ken

Bad publicity usually gets a bigger response than anything else.

While I have no experience with DJI, I do have experiences with other manufactures and other items that have similar lack-luster responses with them addressing my concerns.

I had a Remington rifle that I needed warranty repair on, and got a similar customer support experience as you. So I emailed them one last time, while CC ing a bunch of weapons publications and news outlets, which I brought to their attention in the email. YOU WOULD BE AMAZED how fast their asses jumped through that hoop to make me happy.

"Squeaky wheel gets the oil"

But that's me, I got no problem pissing people off. LOL

You just have to send the email to the right corporate entity.

i sent in a vision plus for repair and heard nothing after 4 weeks i called and emailed. after i got through to someone they fixed it and sent it back less then a week later. it seemed to me that if i had not called it would still be there.
good luck

I guess I need to do that, we are now going on to week 12
DJI is going to get a nasty letter and to think I was going to do a COA with the FAA and buy 6 DJI units for SAR and Hazmat-Fire Ops, I am looking for another vendor now

resqu51 said:
I guess I need to do that, we are now going on to week 12
DJI is going to get a nasty letter and to think I was going to do a COA with the FAA and buy 6 DJI units for SAR and Hazmat-Fire Ops, I am looking for another vendor now

I have to say that DJI support is doing much better here in the states. Here is the most amazing thing. Yesterday morning I called the (818) 235 0789 dji number and since I live in California I chose the western us option. Nobody answered . it went to a voice mail.. naturally I thought, what a joke..but I left a message. Then about 4:00pm my phone rings, I don't recognize the phone number and I don't recognize the young man who is on the other end. He explains that he is calling back about a message left with DJI Phantom repair this morning. He talked me through my issue and was so very nice and helpful.. I got to say that DJI ROCKS!!

Don't give up. In a matter of 6 months an item that was projected to sell 20,000 units in its lifetime is selling close to 1 million. The Phantom won't go away, and the service is just going to get better. That said, there is so much for sale on ebay etc that if you want warranty repair you will have to show your purchase receipt. Otherwise it would be easy to buy cheap on ebay and then send the gimbal/camera in, and they do not repair that unit, they replace it. I do expect the next version of the Phantom Plus will be a Phantom Plus with a more durable gimbal/camera!!

ADDRESS SERVICE LINE OFFICE HOURS
Flying Camera (Canada)
ONLY for Phantom series Unit 3 7870 Enterprise Dr Chilliwack BC V2R 5N8 +1 (866)-785-3099 Ext. 3 Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
TheNerds.net
ONLY for Phantom series 2646 NE 189th Ter, North Miami Beach, Florida 33180 +1 (888)-566-6373 Ext. 120 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (EST)
STC NYC ELECTRONICS (USA)
ONLY for Phantom series 300 W. 49th Street, New York, NY 10019 +1 (212)-459-8997 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (EST)
US Hobby (USA)
ONLY for Phantom series 5010 S. Decatur Blvd, Unit H, Las Vegas, NV 89118 +1 (702)-997-6424 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
UAVDirect (USA)
ONLY for Phantom series 14365 W. State Highway 29, Liberty Hill, TX 78642 +1 (512)-778-6366 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (CST)
CopterShop.com
ONLY for Phantom series 19510, 144th Ave NE, Suite B-7, Woodinville, WA,, 98072 +1 (844)-267-8371 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
DJI LA Office +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
Please confirm with the offices above before sending or mailing any products for service.

HEY HEY, got notified that I will be getting my Phantom back on Monday, tomorrow and among the other damage to the camera gimble, they found a faulty GPS Unit and IMU unit. I was surprised that they also took care of the motors, I did that damage myself putting in the same screws that the blade protectors provide, and have 2 motors here waiting and was going to do the work myself. Now I have waited some 12 weeks and missed some great opportunities but I guess the wait was worth it as they covered everything. I was holding off on buying 5 more under our County as County owned units for special projects and yes we are getting a FAA COA, I already have mine. I guess that I will be ordering some 5 more soon for the county and so happy to have my own back.

I had damage from a crash with my Phantom 1 and called DJI. It became poorly responsive when I switched to ATTI mode and crashed into a pillar. I had a long wait on the phone but the man who talked to me seemed knowledgeable and told me to send it in for repair. It went to the Los Angeles site. I heard nothing for weeks and began bugging them by email. Eventually I got it back all fixed for no charge. They said the GPS was not properly connected to the MC and two motors needed to be repl;aced. I got it back 11 weeks later. That's way too long, but ultimately they made good on it and it flies better now than it did new. My advice is to be patient.

I think Chuck the repair guy at DJI is really busy. Especially when he has to answer the phone all the time :)

I have 2 Phantom Vision 2 + questions. I have been flying 50 to 60 times with no incidents but yesterday i was working the camera and my buddy (with more experience than me) was flying and hit a limb and doped it about 10 feet into tall grass without any visable damage. It few well after that. When I got it home I noticed one of the rubber mounts was not attached. My questions are:

1. How many drop protection pins are there suppose to be (the little plastic pins that go through the rubber damping shock (anti-jello) mounts? 2 or 4? Mine now only has 2 on opposite corners.

2 what is the best tool to use to squeeze the replacement Damping Rubber mounts through the holes? Is there a youtube vid showing how to do it? Its kinda hard to do it with fingers and I'm afraid of tearing it with needle nose.

Thanks and happy flying

There are only 2 pins to secure them. All they are there for is to ensure that should the mount become disconnected, your gimble and camera won't plummet to earth.. Use the tie strap method instead. They wont get in the way of the calibration and they are reusable too. As far as pushing bushings in, use a twisting motion on them as you seat them...they will go in much easier.

Back to the flying board, the copter came back and was a bit glitch, did not want to hold altitude and some serious drops and seemed to float around more then it did before it was damaged, I flew it through 4 batteries and it all acted the same, did some updates that I found on the Assistant on Friday night 11-7-14, Saturday I had one good flight and then the copter went away, I mean top speed to somewhere I was not or never flew at when the battery went under 25%, before I could even think about it, it was over the hill and gone. I searched for the copter for 4 days and finally found it, hit a sandy hill flying to somewhere I don't know. The copter is fine but the DARN CAMERA is busted, this time in 2 pieces and ripped the ribbon cable. DJI has a design flaw in the gimble, it should have been at least micro splined with a micro clip on the pin for the motor attachment points to counter any inertia. Pilots have had cameras separate just from use, real poor design using a press fit. I hope that DJI corrects this.

at least you found yours. mine flew away, same thing as yours. full throttle to the SouthEast and that was the end of it. looked for it for two days, nothing :(
it sucks!
DJI needs to address this issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic