Repair Costs

Reaction score
Guys,
I consider myself a veteran P2V+ enthusiast. That all changed yesterday afternoon after a few "Labor Day" brews. I had been tinkering with some new goggles plugged into an iPhone when I clipped a bush near my deck...

It falls out of the sky and lands on a nice soft pool heater, blowing off three props, the battery, bending the gimbal mount, and worse, taking off the camera from the horizontal access mount (easily fixed) but breaking the ribbon cable (not repairable).

Total operator error. I'm fairly upset with myself. Plugged it into the computer app today. All seems normal, calibrated IMU.

I'm going to test fly the Phantom today while tethered, following a compass calibration to see if the battery is damaged (will it hold a full charge), if she flies as I have come to expect, or if the props or motors need replacement. EDIT: Calibrations and flight tests complete... fully functioning except ribbon

Anyone have a spare ribbon cable from DDM OR if DJI charges less to repair this than a whole new assembly sells for on eBay ($679)?

You must have missed the recent thread where a few of the ribbon cables were sold to test the market to see if users could replace them on their own.

I think most people bought them to have a backup and didn't really use them yet.

So there are cables "floating around".

Thanks rrmccabe.... Just responded on that thread looking for someone to "miracle" me and send me a cable... Fingers crossed.

Yeah, 4wd. I'm not that patient. Just took her up and after a quick IMU cal and compass cal, she flew well enough tethered to let her go... P2V+ still flies flawlessly, so it is worthwhile to repair.

There have been at least a couple of us that have had ours repaired for free in the US. But it took almost 2 months. I've seen discussion of buying another unit, getting the broken one repaired, and then selling one of them after. Should take a minimal hit for having one to fly in the meantime..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31