Repair Cost

Reaction score
As noted in my other parallel thread, my P3P crashed and fell in the water. I dried it out throughly and the motors spin up properly and all appears to be fine except the camera is completely smashed off the bottom. Any idea what the cost would be to have the camera / gimbal system replaced? Is this something I can order and do myself? Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

DJI hasn't offered to repair it, they only gave replacement options. This is likely due to the water issue I suppose.

You can buy a new camera/gimbal directly from DJI or on Amazon. It's something you can easily swap out yourself as long as the cables at the top of the gimbal are not damaged. If they are damaged, you'll also need a cable pack and you'll have to open the shell to replace the cables.

You might want to get with ATK Drones in Salt Lake City. They did my camera/gimbal repairs recently. Contact Jim at 801-448-7810 and tell him what you have going on. They offer a super fast turnaround too if you need it back quickly, or they can send you one just as fast. www.atkdrones.com is the website if you need more info. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt

Attachments

• Photo 2016-06-13, 3 24 49 PM.jpg
    Photo 2016-06-13, 3 24 49 PM.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 334
assuming the main board of the gimbal works you will need a new yaw arm, new gimbal cable and ND glass. total about $150 in parts and labor. that is again, assuming the main board works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20