Repair assitance

Reaction score
Totally new to the drone scene. I had a rough landing trying out my phantom 2. Sparks and funny smells emanated from one leg, and now a motor won't turn. I've researched it and I am pretty sure it's either the motor or the ESC. What I don't know is what ESC to order. Everything I see says it's part # 7, but I also know there are a couple of versions. I opened the unit up to inspect the ESC sticker thinking it would say the version. It had an identifying number on it: 0291841711, but no version. The controller has a wheel to control the gimbal - I was told that meant it was a newer unit. If anyone has any guidance for getting a replacement ESC, I'm all ears. Same for the motor, which I haven't started digging in to yet. I intend to get a replacement motor and ESC, once I'm satisfied I know which part numbers to order.
Hope to get some advice! Many thanks!
Steve

Totally new to the drone scene. I had a rough landing trying out my phantom 2. Sparks and funny smells emanated from one leg, and now a motor won't turn. I've researched it and I am pretty sure it's either the motor or the ESC. What I don't know is what ESC to order. Everything I see says it's part # 7, but I also know there are a couple of versions. I opened the unit up to inspect the ESC sticker thinking it would say the version. It had an identifying number on it: 0291841711, but no version. The controller has a wheel to control the gimbal - I was told that meant it was a newer unit. If anyone has any guidance for getting a replacement ESC, I'm all ears. Same for the motor, which I haven't started digging in to yet. I intend to get a replacement motor and ESC, once I'm satisfied I know which part numbers to order.
Hope to get some advice! Many thanks!
Steve

Why not call an authorized dji dealer and ask.Phantom 2 - Dealers | DJI

Thanks for this video. I'm ready to go, and I ordered an ESC and a motor from drone nerds in Florida. They came today. But while the motor looks right - 2212, the ESC they shipped is stamped version 2.1. The other three ESC's are the original version. So now I'm trying to understand if I need the same version of ESC, or will the drone be stable with one motor running off of a V2.1 ESC?
Anyone have any ideas? It's the weekend, no one at the shop is answering the phone, so I'm waiting for an email reply.
Thanks all! Dying to get this up in the air again!

Sounds like he has the 2.0 witch has the 2.2 esc's but it is just a flash to the esc so the company he ordered from might have sent him a 2.1 that was flashed . Just a guess

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers