repair after it went for drink? worht it?

Reaction score
hi guys,
I got my bird after 4 days underwater (fresh water), no physical damage, but im guessing its all dead inside, do u think its worth it to buy all the circuits and build it again?
I still have the RC and the one battery.

I would disassemble, store in a bag of rice for a week and try to power it up with a new battery. See what happens.

Cant lose except for cost of rice.

that been done my friend :)
Ii wont power up, I just get one flash of light (LED) for seconds then it power off itself.

Ahmida, can you post photos of the disassembled main board? I am curious to see the internals of the P2VP and how it compares to the P2V. I am interested in seeing how the ribbon cable from the gimbal interfaces on the main board.

buddhacanooda said:
Ahmida, can you post photos of the disassembled main board? I am curious to see the internals of the P2VP and how it compares to the P2V. I am interested in seeing how the ribbon cable from the gimbal interfaces on the main board.

Like this? :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.6 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 527
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 488
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 480
Have you tried doing a hard reset to the flight controller?

RedBaron said:
Have you tried doing a hard reset to the flight controller?

ya , i did try that(short the F1 and F2 on the Naza), didnt work, i only get one flash of LEDs i think all of them flash at once and its off again, might be the main bored is dead.

paulajayne said:
Clean the boards with cotton buds and mentholated spirits, residue from drying out can short track them.

tried that too. i has been dry for couple of weeks, but still the same problem.

I'll give you $20 for it.

ya man i tried it with my spare battery , just flashes then turns off.
just wondering if its worth it to buy all the electronics to fix it?

Disconnect all the wires except power and USB from the flight controller and see if your computer can talk to it.

robinb said:
Disconnect all the wires except power and USB from the flight controller and see if your computer can talk to it.

tried that, but it stay ON for only couple of seconds, no time for the pc to see it.

Looks like that maybe fried.

I would sell the lot on ebay and buy a new one.

if not I will give you 25 for it :)

I'm sure it's cheaper to get a new one , how will you know what to replace ? Camera and gimbal are probaly shot , then the imu , gps , esc ,all water damaged. I wouldn't waste my money on the parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers