Renting of drones for testing (major project )

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am Wei Hong from Temasek polytechnic, currently doing major project on drone operation.

We are at the testing phase of the project, however due to unavailable Budget, we are unable to purchase phantom 4 for such test. Therefore I'm writing this post to ask if there is any kind soul who is willing to rent us their phantom 4 for this project.
You will be flying the drone and eveything will be in your control. However just one small request, we will be taking the footage at the end of the test.

Detailed information (assuming it's filmed in a stadium):

The drone will first take off from the grass patch (base) near the track to a height of 100 feet, before making its way to the track. Upon reaching, it will descend to a height of 35 feet and overfly the track for about 100 m autonomously via the waypoints navigation pre-set. After it has reached the 100 m mark, it will climb back to 100 feet before making its way back to the grass patch (base).

If you are interested and would like to know more about this test, do give me a text at 8299 0152 or drop me an email at [email protected]

Last edited:
So you are going to fly this person from any location to your location? If you want people to take you seriously you might want to mention where they need to be and perhaps some other details.

So you are going to fly this person from any location to your location? If you want people to take you seriously you might want to mention where they need to be and perhaps some other details.

Hi there! I apologise for the insufficient information given. The location would be anywhere in Singapore, preferably at a stadium or somewhere convenient for you.

Detailed information (assuming it's filmed in a stadium):

The drone will first take off from the grass patch (base) near the track to a height of 100 feet, before making its way to the track. Upon reaching, it will descend to a height of 35 feet and overfly the track for about 100 m autonomously via the waypoints navigation pre-set. After it has reached the 100 m mark, it will climb back to 100 feet before making its way back to the grass patch (base).

That's all I can give as this project is kinda restricted and I'm not allowed to leak too much information to the public... So perhaps if would like to know more about it do feel free to email me or text me. Thank you and I sincerely hope you will help me with this project :)

Lol....a major project (secret at that) but we can't afford a Phantom. Seriously if that's the only flying that's gonna be done with it just buy a cheap $100 drone and strap a camera to it.

Lol....a major project (secret at that) but we can't afford a Phantom. Seriously if that's the only flying that's gonna be done with it just buy a cheap $100 drone and strap a camera to it.
Hi Sir,
We need a phantom 4 to film this... We can just get any random drone. If possible I would have done so at the start. And my teacher don't even want to approve a $120 drone service, what makes u think he will spend a few hundred on a drone that we don't need.

Have you ever had to fund/ conduct research for a Ph.D?
Don't you remember being a student when $100 was a lot of money?

Have you ever had to fund/ conduct research for a Ph.D?
Don't you remember being a student when $100 was a lot of money?
PhD is a different thing! Because most probably you will be working. But in Singapore, students who are studying( especially those in poly) don't have the time to work.... And to us 100 dollars is really a lot at this age. That's why we decided to go online to see if we can chance upon any kind singaporean who are willing to do this short test for us at a Low rate? ( perhaps 30 dollars)

Indeed I do the post just comes off as weird to me.

You notice how polite he is? As opposed to the "laid back" (less modest) tone a US student might adopt. International cultural differences.

Anyway....

There are plenty of drone owners/ operators in Singapore.

Temasek Polytechnic is not exactly a fly by night institution. This student can easily be verified.
And they may have specific requirements for the drone.

OP: I would suggest you also post this in the regional forums here: International

And reach out to @Areial Entertainment Studios
They are based in Hong Kong but they travel a lot. I am sure they will help you
Aerial Entertainment Studios at [email protected]

Finally, please do a forum search for Singapore and reach out to the members who locate themselves in Singapore. If you reach you to a couple of dozen members, you should have someone within 48 hours.

Search Results for Query: Singapore | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: flyboy73

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers