Removing UV Filter tips

Dam...I'm having the same problem -- actually broke the tweezers - by mistake of course. I can't get this darn thing off.
I have just myself a P3 Pro and have also just broke that gripper tool and still not got the filter off! Looks like they used the typical cracking plastic to make that tool! Why on earth do they fit the filter so tightly in the first place?

That took is for your props not the filter. Also the trick to removing filter is very light pressure so you surely don't want a grip.

I have just myself a P3 Pro and have also just broke that gripper tool and still not got the filter off! Looks like they used the typical cracking plastic to make that tool! Why on earth do they fit the filter so tightly in the first place?
The tool broke because it's not for removing the lens, it's for your propellers.
The lens comes off really easily. Barely grip the edge of the lens and lightly turn it. You will be surprised how easily it come off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

The tighter you squeeze the more friction you get from the filter ring deforming. You need some way of introducing friction on the outer surface of the ring without deforming it.

As has been mentioned rubber glove, rubber band, rubber sole of a shoe pressed against the face of the ring- I even heard of one bloke using a franger. It will come off. The first time is the hardest, don't put them on too tight after that,
Probably an unlubricated franger would be best. I wonder if ribbed or non-ribbed would offer the best advantage.

I suggest not to use any metallic tool as that will damage the delicate lens cover. Us dry hand or with latex gloves to apply gentle twist anti clockwise to turn it to open. Have patience and don't use brute force.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

With my P3A I found that pinching the ring with fingertip pressure lightly at 2, 6 and 10 o'clock helped overcome any deformation of the UV filter ring, then light pressure was all I needed after that. And yeah, just don't tighten it too much when putting it back on.

Sent from my LG V10 using TapaTalk for Android

I went through the same process and results. A few days later I grabbed a rubber band and followed the prevalent advice here - don't grip too tightly and turn slowly. After three or four seconds the filter began to rotate very slowly, then it was off! It's hard to believe how thin and soft that ring on that filter is. Clearly it's very easy to deform under pressure making it nearly impossible to remove by brute force.

I broke my prop tool the same way. Ordered another parts kit and got a new one.

Once you get it off, a minimal dab of silicone grease and a skinny O-ring will make getting it on and smooth easy, and the O-ring will hold it well.

I went through the same process and results. A few days later I grabbed a rubber band and followed the prevalent advice here - don't grip too tightly and turn slowly. After three or four seconds the filter began to rotate very slowly, then it was off! It's hard to believe how thin and soft that ring on that filter is. Clearly it's very easy to deform under pressure making it nearly impossible to remove by brute force.

I broke my prop tool the same way. Ordered another parts kit and got a new one.
Where are the parts kit listed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj