Removing Phantom 4 Landing Gear Removal

Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently wondering if it is possible to remove the antenna/compass from inside the landing gear and mount it to new landking skids that i have 3d printed that will attach directly to the body.

As you know, the antenna and compass are nestled right inside the upper part of the original landing skids.

I've tried prying the landinng skids open, but it appears the antenna and compass are really wedged in there good.

Has anyone removed these prts from inside the landing gear before?

Do they have to be positioned in those exact positions or can i adjust them slightly by a couple cm? I know they need to be far away from the EMI of the body.

Any advice from a pro would be appreciated!

Thank you! <3

I would imagine anything you do to the phantom like that will void any warranty you may still have left

I would imagine anything you do to the phantom like that will void any warranty you may still have left

Thanks Darren. I'm not concerned about warranty.

Just want to know if you are able to put the compasses in a different position on the airframe that won't confuse the Phantom.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks Darren. I'm not concerned about warranty.

Just want to know if you are able to put the compasses in a different position on the airframe that won't confuse the Phantom.

Any advice would be helpful.
Hi lumacj fare enough. I have never thought about taking it apart but you have got me thinking about it. Keep us informed to how you get on as I am sure that others may well be interested in your findings, all the best Darren

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj