Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Removing H3-3d from P2

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by eyeintheskye, May 8, 2014.

1. eyeintheskye

Is there an easy way to remove the H3-3D without breaking the securing kit plastic pin clips? I may have put mine over the second lip of the rod, and I am not sure if thats too far, for it to just pop off?

[​IMG]

http://imgur.com/T63hvHw

2. Pull_Up

I've seen some people manage to do it, most can't and break 'em. After you go through the 2 spares in the pack you might want to just replace with some light, loosely cinched cable/zip ties or similar.

3. dynesh

I did the same thing to one of mine today when I got it.

Do you have all four of the plastic clips in? The directions only called for two, diagonal from each other. Not sure why, but that's the way I did it.

For the record, my footage is not good from my first flight. Jello like crazy, and not smooth when starting and stopping momentum

4. Pull_Up

Have you tried a factory-fresh set of props?

5. The Editor

Personally I wouldn't even bother with the securing pins at all.

The gimbal is not going to suddenly fall off. I have had an H3-2D and an Arris CM3000 (which is a LOT heavier than either of the Zenmuse) and I only ever have the rubber dampers holding the gimbal in position.

If you are worried about it suddenly letting go and all four rubber dampers popping out spontaneously and you need that security blanket, why not just tie a piece of fishing wire loosely through a couple of the dampers ?

6. eyeintheskye

I am not sure about the h3-2d but with the 3d the pins are required for the thing to stay on..

7. eyeintheskye

Oops, guess I read the directions wrong. I put in all 4. No wonder why I did not have any spare clips haha.

I think im going to break these and use zip ties.

8. shaunmed

youre wrong. its a safety/ back up feature should the bushings fail. they are not "required", more so insurance.

9. Away Point

I'm in the school of thought that if something hits it hard enough to pop the rubber isolators out, I'd rather they popped out than do more damage to the gimbal or Phantom shell. I do have one lose fitting twist-tie, but that's it. Hasn't been a problem in hundreds of flights.