Removing alt restriction is possible

Nope. The decent limitation of 200m is even more onerous! I just learned about that limitation tonight! I never realized there was a descent limitation, and it makes no sense to me! Are there UFO's flying below ground that own that airspace? :rolleyes:
That's interesting. I just flew down in a canyon almost 800 feet below me with no issue at thanksgiving. I'm not on the latest upgrade. Wonder if that's a new limit?

Nope. The decent limitation of 200m is even more onerous! I just learned about that limitation tonight! I never realized there was a descent limitation, and it makes no sense to me! Are there UFO's flying below ground that own that airspace? :rolleyes:

HOLY CRAP are you kidding me??! What the he!! This is getting to be a reason to go to CES again this year.... I was not planning to go but maybe a face to face talk about this kind of ridiculous limits is in order?? Why would they care if you wanted to fly down into a hole? (in my case a canyon)??!!

Reactions: huntjock
I would like (or perhaps even pay for) the option of unrestricted height above home point, even if I rarely used it. Who doesn't want to fly up a 1000m high mountain face?

Last edited:
That's interesting. I just flew down in a canyon almost 800 feet below me with no issue at thanksgiving. I'm not on the latest upgrade. Wonder if that's a new limit?
200 meters is roughly 660 feet, so "almost 800 feet" may have been 650 feet?
I just heard about this this evening, supposedly being in effect, and I assume since the beginning, like the 500m ascension limit. I have not yet personally encountered it, but I also have not yet descended more than 660 feet from anywhere I have launched, though I was planning to...:rolleyes:

No. Only in the Go and Pilot apps from DJI. The 500m limit for other apps is new in a recent version of the SDK. I flew up a mountain over 1000m with Litchi a month ago or so.

Sorry, but I don't believe unless you show a log about that.... If the limitation is in SDK also Litchi has the limitation. If the limitation is in DJI Go app, that's an other story.

It was added in the latest Litchi update the 500m height restriction.

I got my hands on a copy of the old version of Litchi but it won't connect to the bird running the newer fw.

Yes, since you have to fly to each waypoint before you can set it, the only reason to limit the radius from the homepoint to 500m is to enforce VLOS on the use of all waypoints, which defeats their purpose for my use. I often fly to the same locations that may be 2+ miles away, and automating the flight there, rather than needing to manually fly there, would speed up the process, so I can maximixe the photo time upon arrival, and then return. I can automatically fly home via RTH, if I wanted to, but I can't fly to destination X automatically, unless it is within 500m. It's a shame. :( I can do it on the P2v+, but the camera doesn't hold a candle to the P3P!

He's talking about the height restriction, not the distance.

Sorry, but I don't believe unless you show a log about that.... If the limitation is in SDK also Litchi has the limitation. If the limitation is in DJI Go app, that's an other story.
I suspect that DJI is locking down their DJI SDK, used by developers, to the same restrictions they are imposing in the DJI GO app. That's what they just did with 1.5.

Reactions: Dome
Would it break any rules if the 500M height restriction imposed by DJI firmware was circumvented to allow an unrestricted flying height?

1. It might break local laws/regulations for flight.
2. Typically, reverse engineering any software is against the EULA of the software that the user agrees to upon using the software. Bypassing restrictions might fall into that category.

1. Flying up the side of a 2000M high mountain will not break the 500M above ground safety guideline.
2. No software alteration.

Reactions: DMac
Every country according to DJI firmware. Perhaps I should have said 500M above home point restriction?

Reactions: aka1ceman
Every country according to DJI firmware. Perhaps I should have said 500M above home point restriction?
No country that I'm aware of has a 500 metre above ground safety guideline.

To answer your question
Would it break any rules if the 500M height restriction imposed by DJI firmware was circumvented to allow an unrestricted flying height?
It might in some situations - that depends on how and where you fly - and that's up to you as the pilot to determine.

I would use it. I live and film in the Rocky Mountains. It would be ideal to be able to film mountain top scenery

I would use it. I live and film in the Rocky Mountains. It would be ideal to be able to film mountain top scenery
Boy that is a perfect place to have a Phantom! I'm jealous:D:D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20