Removed camera and gimble

Reaction score
Removed cam and gimible because of my earlier crash this week. When I turn on the phanton it starts and shows green for ready to fly. Problem is my app wont recieve any phantom info. No gps battery etc only thing it shows is wifi signal. It showed this before I removed cam. I had to remove cam because it was going crazy with gimble after my crash. I never lifted it up into the air because of not seeing sat in app. Do I have to remount the cam and plug it in. Then find the gimble wire and disconnect?

You can still see you have satellite lock from the LEDs flashing.
The topic was mentioned before and it isn't a matter of leaving one of the cables unplugged, a wire would need snipping - good luck with that ;)
What you have now is pretty much a basic Phantom 2, you could attach an alternative camera.
The phone connection is no use to you at all.

I suggest leaving on the base of the gimbal. This is the part that the 3 plugs attach to. You will need to open it up to remove the lower gimbal. There is an internal plug that you must disconnect (inside the base) to stop the upper gimbal motor from running constantly. After maybe an hour or so of tampering to remove the lower gimbal reattach the plugs and you will have all your App telemetry (minus video). The "remove gimbal clamp" warning will show but just ignore it. Groundstation works very nicely too, so just add a cheap Canon camera and you have an aerial mapping setup!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20