Remove Old Panels or Not ??

Reaction score
Ordered the Argtek Today and I've watched a few installation videos. Curious on what everyones thoughts are on leaving them inside or removing them ? Thanks all !

Don't really matter but I took mine out . Leave em if you think you might go back stock though .
Just what I did . Good luck with the install and just take your time :)

Do you see a big change ? I'm out in the country here in Maryland. I've taken it out stock to 1250 ft with perfect video feed and connection but I got nervous haha...1250 isn't very far it seems.....

Do you see a big change ? I'm out in the country here in Maryland. I've taken it out stock to 1250 ft with perfect video feed and connection but I got nervous haha...1250 isn't very far it seems.....
If you don't think 1250ft is very far try this trick. Fly out to around that distance, fix your eyes on the phone screen and move the sticks to change the drones postion, one second should do. Now look up and see if you can spot your drone quickly, its amazing how tiny a dot it becomes when you lose visual track for even a second or so.

Reactions: Robbutler1977
I removed them. But it was not easy and I found that they were glued in very hard. I actually broke the little tab at the side doing it.

I can put them back if needed.

Nigel

Thanks for all your input guys. I have a 300 acre farm I can fly ...i wanna see some range

I just installed my Blueproton ARGTEC last night & I also took them out & had the same issue as above , the OEM Panels were glued in on one side, plus the Sealer that was used . That sealer was easy part to remove , but even removing it , that one side was glued in some way & I also broke a little of the Green backing plate off .
I also had issues with installing those little connectors on , cutting that white sealer off & removing the OEM ones was easy , putting the new ones on was more difficult .
I installed the short GRAY one first & it barely had enough cable to reach that first connector , the BLACK one , I could pull a little more out of the Antenna manifold & the WHITE longer one , had plenty of cable , more then enough .
I have not tested the with a flight yet , but will later today ,if I can .
I didn't get this upgrade for distance , but for better reception , though I will have to see how far I can go at some point .

Good luck & as was said ,,just take your time .

My dbs antenna is arriving tomorrow. I plan to leave the 2.4 GHz panels right where they are. I'll tape down the leads with some white medical tape, just like DJI does.

I figure it's more work to remove them, and they're likely to get broken. Then once they're out, I'd either throw them away or have to store them somewhere I can find them if I ever want to go back to stock.

By leaving them in place, they're "in storage" where I can always go back to stock if need be, but they're out of my way.

Reactions: yjander
I just installed my Blueproton ARGTEC last night & I also took them out & had the same issue as above , the OEM Panels were glued in on one side, plus the Sealer that was used . That sealer was easy part to remove , but even removing it , that one side was glued in some way & I also broke a little of the Green backing plate off .
I also had issues with installing those little connectors on , cutting that white sealer off & removing the OEM ones was easy , putting the new ones on was more difficult .
I installed the short GRAY one first & it barely had enough cable to reach that first connector , the BLACK one , I could pull a little more out of the Antenna manifold & the WHITE longer one , had plenty of cable , more then enough .
I have not tested the with a flight yet , but will later today ,if I can .
I didn't get this upgrade for distance , but for better reception , though I will have to see how far I can go at some point .

Good luck & as was said ,,just take your time .

Looking forward to your results!

Just leave them in. I broke the mounts trying to get mine out. If I ever had to return to factory for some reason, I'd have to do some trickery with a bunch of silicone or something to re-install them. I wish I just would have left them alone. :eek:

Reactions: yjander
When putting on my DBS, I left both the wifi panels and also the stock 5.8 antenna in place.

Looking forward to your results!

I made a short test flight yesterday & it was a little windy , but I got zero messages of interference & not to fly far . I was getting it as soon as I got airborne before.
I fly in my back yard area & it has main Transmission lines & a Large Cell Tower back aways & as far as I can tell with a short flight , worked better then I expected .I just basically making sure the Drone worked after my work .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl