Remove lens

Oh, thank goodness for this thread. After purchasing a filter set, I found the original UV cover impossible to budge. I'll try the rubber band trick.
I found the rubber band trick awkard. Nitrile gloves worked much better. It didn't work the first time, nor the second... finally the fifth time I got off the couch it came off. Go figure.

Success! Another tip: Make sure the camera is warmed up.
I tried using the motor tool and it was still jammed. After gently warming the camera in front of a radiator, it came off easily. Woohoo!

brand new phantom4, i couldn't get the lens off... it turned about 90 deg and then i felt some grit or dirt, maybe glass, and now its jammed. i just put in a support ticket w dji. i hope they can help me.

This has been talked about a lot here. Many ways to do it, but the way that works best for me is to take a strip of velcro and rap around the lens and very carefully remove it. By wrapping the velcro strip around the lens you are putting even pressure on all points. As oppose to two or three pressure points. Works for me every time. Just saying.

I purchased polar pro lens filters. Does anyone know how to remove the lens from the camera on a P3 advanced? I have tried unscrewing it counterclockwise with no luck. I do not want to take a chance on breaking the camera. Does anyone have any video or instructions on removing the lens safely?
Try this

Just joined because of this thread. Wife keeps way too much junk, but when I asked her for a large rubber band, I'll be darned if she didn't reach into her bag of tricks and pull out an exact fit for the lens, came from a stalk of Broccoli, of all things. Yes, she's milking my pie eating rather triumphantly right now. Rubber band is now in my lens case. Like previous posters, gorilla force didn't work, but a double squeeze at 90 degrees then the rubber band and off it came. Thanks.

Just joined because of this thread. Wife keeps way too much junk, but when I asked her for a large rubber band, I'll be darned if she didn't reach into her bag of tricks and pull out an exact fit for the lens, came from a stalk of Broccoli, of all things. Yes, she's milking my pie eating rather triumphantly right now. Rubber band is now in my lens case. Like previous posters, gorilla force didn't work, but a double squeeze at 90 degrees then the rubber band and off it came. Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum!

Rod

Grippy, duct tape, has a sandpaper like surface, I;m going to look for some right now as i've exhausted every tip here trying to remove the D---n lens from my A.!

Well, whoever suggested the grippy tape, Thanks so much, it worked!
Once I got it off, I noticed, at one spot on threads, a little dab of what looks like red thread locker.
Bit of overkill, eh

I had to laugh (O' loved the music by the way). Ive tried the glove, the tight grip and lose grip (this is starting to sound somewhat crude) but neither work. Im scared to break the camera altogether.

I had to laugh (O' loved the music by the way). Ive tried the glove, the tight grip and lose grip (this is starting to sound somewhat crude) but neither work. Im scared to break the camera altogether.
ditto, tried rubber cloves and squeezing all sides and being gentle nothing... I won't go buy a pack of rubberbands just for this either. I think I'll just hove up towards the sun and face the camera at the direct sun for a good 20min and then try

Still no luck after a week. Ridiculous, and I shouldn't have to buy some extra tool/accessory to remove it. BS

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

the motor wrench that comes with the phantom is another good tool for removing lenses.
That's a good thought, I have never tried to remove mine.

Added: Oops I have a Std anyway..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj