Remove height restriction

Reaction score
Hi I have the max setting of 500 meters set and as I live in the mountains I can not get over the mountain. If i am on top of the moutain i can take off that is until i get over the lip of the mountain and its just 2000ft of air! then it wont climb anymore. Is there a way to remove the height restriction. I am not going to run into any planes that for sure lol.

Hi I have the max setting of 500 meters set and as I live in the mountains I can not get over the mountain. If i am on top of the moutain i can take off that is until i get over the lip of the mountain and its just 2000ft of air! then it wont climb anymore. Is there a way to remove the height restriction. I am not going to run into any planes that for sure lol.

If you take off from the top you should then be able to climb 500m. The limit is set from the take off point.

I have run into this problem so many times trying to get over or at least to the summit or to reconnaissance of possible new cave systems. (One of my intended uses) I literally live at the base of this mountain so what the hell i can get three quarters of the way of the face from the valley floor i can not even pan the camera up high enough to see the summit and get the whole mountain in the shots. I'd have to fly back a mile or more from the base to see that and in these valleys in the Rockies it is not even possible.

So dumb my next drone will not have this nanny [expletive removed] on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess I'm confused. You stated that after you went over the lip you could not climb because there was 2000ft of air below.
This should not be the case and you should still be able to climb since the altitude restriction is set from the starting point.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some of the problem is definitely in your imagination.
If you take off from the top of the mountain, your Phantom will happily climb a further 500 metres.
It has no way of knowing what is below it.
r i can not even pan the camera up high enough to see the summit and get the whole mountain in the shots. I'd have to fly back a mile or more from the base to see that and in these valleys in the Rockies it is not even possible.
You can adjust the camera in the app to shoot 30° above the horizon.
So dumb my next drone will not have this nanny ******** on it.
Maybe you need to understand what your Phantom is capable of before complaining?

If you take off from the top of the mountain, your Phantom will happily climb a further 500 metres.

Maybe you need to understand what your Phantom is capable of before complaining?

Or before buying!!

Reactions: BigAl07

I have bought every Phantom since version One. 2 x Phantom 2 - This is the first vs that I have bought that has had these features programmed in. That is because i guess it is the first time using the app. In the last video I was flying from the peak of one mountain, which is great if you don't mind hiking up all the mountains but i was hoping not to have to do that every time i want to get some summit shots or recon some possible cave entrance . How many planes you think i will run into up here? I did run into the height restriction once as i went over the lip of the mountain and has not since happened again after a firmware update but your right the next purchase will not have the nanny on board. Some of us are responsible flyers all on our own.

Or before buying!!

After buying every version of the Phantom since it's first release i have not run into this issue before but don't worry I will follow your guys advice and not purchase drones with nanny on board again.

I guess I'm confused. You stated that after you went over the lip you could not climb because there was 2000ft of air below.
This should not be the case and you should still be able to climb since the altitude restriction is set from the starting point.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes this did happen once but has since not happened again after a firmware update.

I'm trying an experiment to remove the height restriction, will let you know if successful.

Reactions: GKPK
I did run into the height restriction once as i went over the lip of the mountain and has not since happened again after a firmware update but your right the next purchase will not have the nanny on board. Some of us are responsible flyers all on our own.
Whatever your problem is, your explanation is confusing and unclear.
You mentioned a firmware update removing a height restriction but there has neen no change to the 500 metre restriction since the P3 was released.
What is usually noticed with a firmware update, is that app settings including max height limits revert to the default values - but that would have seen your max height come down to 400 ft.

Good luck finding another product without the "nanny onboard".
You might have to build your own.

today i just happen to want to try to reach maximum height. i got over 900 m then it said i reach my maximum height. dont ask me how. idk :/

Best would be either to have altitude in the GEO system of DJI or to have limit by real altitude over ground (need to know altitude on the map and do simple math).
My 5 cents.

i have p3p with old firmware which can fly over 500m altitude, and i plan to sell it for person who want to fly over that

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik