"Remove Before Flight" Stickers

Reaction score
I just noticed that there were no "remove before flight" stickers on my new phantom. Not a huge deal but I have noticed them in many of the videos. Did anyone else notice this?

sticker.jpg

i just received mine today, and it also didnt have any stickers over the vision sensors, but i dont think its an issue, all appears to be working so far , so good.

I just took delivery of my Phantom 4 this afternoon. It had a "Remove before flight" sticker on a foam piece on the upper part of the gimbal.

I calibrated my IMU with that piece on. I took care to remove the gimbal brace (the clear plastic piece that connects on the landing gear) and I ensured that the aircraft was level, but I forgot to remove that foam piece.

Does anyone know if that would affect the IMU calibration at all?

mrkzyEh.jpg

Last edited:
I just took delivery of my Phantom 4 this afternoon. It had a "Remove before flight" sticker on a foam piece on the upper part of the gimbal.

I calibrated my IMU with that piece on. I took care to remove the gimbal brace (the clear plastic piece that connects on the landing gear) and I ensured that the aircraft was level, but I forgot to remove that foam piece.

Does anyone know if that would affect the IMU you calibration at all?

mrkzyEh.jpg
redo it, you probably didn't refrigerate it so do that first and then recali

I just noticed that there were no "remove before flight" stickers on my new phantom. Not a huge deal but I have noticed them in many of the videos. Did anyone else notice this?

View attachment 47333
I hear that all Phantoms are flight-tested by DJI before they ship out to the retailers/consumers.

So, as far as the "Remove before flight" stickers on the sensors, maybe they come like that from the factory, but when they are flight-tested, they remove them and don't put them back. They aren't really necessary for transportation like with the gimbal brace/lock.

Reactions: snowghost
Many posts out there regarding discrepancies in packaging.

As demand grew higher, and units *might* be produced in different factories, they can run out of stickers or quality control be a bit sloppy.

So missing stickers on censors or the camera uv filter are common. Even the seal on the styrofoam is not always present.

As long as the outer box is sealed, you had to activate your drone, your unit is brand new.

Another way to tell is to pull the flight logs from the bird with your DJI assistant app; You should see one or two very short flights on the same or very close time and dates with no GPS info as these must be tested indoors.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
There has basically been zero consistency of the stickers since they have released the original run.

Also, keep the orange sticker on the gimbal. I have found out that indeed that is supposed to be left on but most remove it and frankly it doesn't matter so if you already did, you're in the majority. It just protects the gimbal from a possible light scratch on a tilted gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers