Removable prop guards

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm definitely new to the drone world but just bought a new p3a. I received the detachable prob guards with my new drone but I'm afraid to install these considering I have to remove four screws from each motor. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm just concerned about over tightening the screws or what not.

Thanks

Here's a nice video showing the installation process:

Just hand tighten the screws.

Hey all.

I'm definitely new to the drone world but just bought a new p3a. I received the detachable prob guards with my new drone but I'm afraid to install these considering I have to remove four screws from each motor. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm just concerned about over tightening the screws or what not.

Thanks
If I may ask, what brand of detachable protectors did you acquire? When I do use them, I choose to use Bestem Aerial USA Protectors. The clips only require 2 screws per motor and come with extra screws if needed. Very simple install. The screws only have to be snug not over tightened and not to long as damage to motor could happen.

Thanks! The prop guards that I received are different and came with a bracket which are mounted with 4 screws. I attempted to install one of them and removed 3 screws. The motor became loose so i stopped and put the screws back in. I don't want to screw my drone up

I received these guards with my bundle pack that I purchased.

DJI Phantom 3 Quick Release Propeller Guards DJI QR Prop Guards

If I may ask, what brand of detachable protectors did you acquire? When I do use them, I choose to use Bestem Aerial USA Protectors. The clips only require 2 screws per motor and come with extra screws if needed. Very simple install. The screws only have to be snug not over tightened and not to long as damage to motor could happen.
Thes

You can get clip on prop guard adapters on eBay they just slide over end of arm and locate in bolt holes so no tools needed. I got a set to look and they are very neat.

You need a set of std prop guards to attach to adaptors so $10 posted covers both.

see end of video, this was before I mounted them to guards but shows how they work.

Phantom 3 tips Part6 - Prop guards good or bad ?:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj