Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Remotely controlled lights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meluk, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Meluk

Hey all,

I have just bought a Turnigy receiver controlled switch. I am hoping to use this to switch some leds on and off by using the pitch control lever on the back of the Phantom's TX.

Anyone done the same or know how to wire it in? I understand the wiring in the following manual: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 6219X9.jpg
    Im not sure how to connect the switch to the Phantoms Naza controller though. Been looking in the Naza assistant and it looks like I have to enable the Gimbal switch under the gimbal settings? Do I use the X1 or F2 channel?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Meluk

Re: Remotely controlled lights - solved

IVE CRACKED IT :)

Don't understand why it works this way but it works so hey!

The rear pot on the TX with the lever control is X1, this is proven when you move the lever and the X1 value changes in the Naza assistant. However you don't wire this switch into the X1 port on the Naza, I wired the Turnigy switch into the F2 port!! and it works a charm.

I have no idea why the X1 outputs to the F2 port? Incase anyone has this problem then just use the f2 port :)

3. DrestonF1

Any video of this? Just curious how you're using it.

4. P13

P13

5. Meluk

Yep that's the one that I am using.

Will get a video up soon.

6. Fdnyfish

What am I doing wrong???
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_Bi1RmrBI[/youtube]

I have a Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch that I can not get working with my Futaba T8J and R2008SB RX.

I have my Futaba Radio Channel 8 set to my "F" switch on the radio. I demo in the video how when I flip the "F" switch you can see the channel move in the Servo window on my radio.

I tested a LED light directly to my 3S LiPo battery and the light works.

I put the Ground wire from the light to the ground wire of the Futaba RX (I am powering the RX via the S-Bus) into the Ground of my battery.

I put the Power Wire of the Futaba RX together with one leg of the switch to the Positive side of my battery.

The power wire from my light is connected to the 2nd leg of the switch.

When I power up my Futaba TX, the light on my Futaba RX goes Green so I know I have a link.

But when I flip the "F" switch the LED light does not go on.

What am I doing wrong???

7. Kel

Kel

Has anyone ever done this with a Phantom 3 Pro? How do you set a switch on your DJI controller that will function to control these lights?