Remote video trouble

Reaction score
Why is my camera view on dji go app all garbbled and blotchy as well as the cached video saved to my phone? The same video saved on the sd card is fine.
When I switch to another remote the problem goes away. Will I have to purchase a new remote or can I fix this one. Running latest firmware available.
Thank you

Welcome to the forum..

The videos are not the same; they are two independent recordings. The video you see and use on your phone to monitor the flight is sent from the AC and it is that's recorded on your phone and what you see on your GO Director. So, if that signal gets interrupted, you'll see the image loss on flight and that loss will be recorded on your phone. And its not full HD, its 720p.

However, the recording which is made on the SD Card in the AC is created directly from the camera to so it doesn't get interrupted and also, it's full or Ultra HD.

Does this help?

Welcome to the forum..

The videos are not the same; they are two independent recordings. The video you see and use on your phone to monitor the flight is sent from the AC and it is that's recorded on your phone and what you see on your GO Director. So, if that signal gets interrupted, you'll see the image loss on flight and that loss will be recorded on your phone. And its not full HD, its 720p.

However, the recording which is made on the SD Card in the AC is created directly from the camera to so it doesn't get interrupted and also, it's full or Ultra HD.

Does this help?
Any ideas what could cause this. The p3p and the remote were about 10 feet apart so there should be no signal loss this close. When I switch to a buddy's remote I don't have this problem. I don't know if it matters or not but my remote model number ends with an A and his ends with a B. Will I need to replace the whole remote or is there a certain board or part I can?
Thank you

It does sound like there is something wrong with the remote. Is this new, just bought used or you owned it for some time and the issue just started happening?

Some folks are having this issue after updating rc firmware to v1.8 from v1.6.
Maybe your friend's rc is running v1.6 and your rc is on v1.8.
You could try rolling back the firmware on your rc back to 1.6 through the GO app if this is the case.

Does anyone know how to downgrade from v 1.8.0 to v 1.6 on a rc. I have been looking for info and alot of people are saying v1.8 is not downgradable on the remote.

Figured it out.
1. Power on rc
2. Connect cord from rc to dji phone or tablet
3. Open dji go app and make sure rc is connecting to app
4. Go to dji home screen
5. Top right corner there are three lines that opens up a menu for scan QR code and tutorials when pressed once but (For dji go app version 3.1.3) we are going to press and hold the three lines for about 5 seconds or until a diferent menu for "downgrade fimware to" comes up. ( i think it used to be a graduation cap on older versions of dji go app)
7. Select version you want to downgrade to and install.

I personally did not to choose to delete after the install I just restarted the remote and checked the version by
1. Opening dji app
2. Connecting rc to app by pressing "camera" in center of screen
3. Once in the app at top right choose the button with 3 dots over each other followed by three lines over each other
4. At far bottom of menu select "About"
5. You are able to see what version is installed next to "Remote Controller"

Downgrading from version 1.8.0 to version 1.6 solved my original problem. No more garbled screen images in the app or cached video on my phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl