Remote troubles on my phantom... Please look

Reaction score
I'm 13 years old and I have my own DJI Phantom. I learned to fly in mode 3 from that stupid AR Drone waste of money, and now every time I try mode 2 I end up crashing. Anyway, I had reversed the wiring and the tension bar inside of the stock remote, and that worked for a while. Then, when I opened it up to check if anything was wrong, somehow I shorted the whole thing out; and it was not the fuse because I over-rode it afterwards to test if all I had to do was replace it.
I know that a futaba T8J is a good choice for a radio, and they also sell mode one, with the throttle on the right.
1) Can a futaba T8J mode 1 be a mode 3 because the throttle is on the same side?
2) If not, can I purchase a futaba T8J mode 1, open up my phantom, and replace the wires from the futaba receiver that read "aileron" and "rudder", so that it is basically flying mode 3? Would this mess up GPS mode because ailerons and rudder are switched, or would it not make a difference because the slots on that side of the naza are the input wires from the reciever, and have nothing to do with GPS Mode or RTH (Return To Home)/Autopilot.

Thank you for reading the whole thing:)
Respond when you can

Sorry, can't help you.

If it's any consolation, I also initially bought an AR Drone and consider that to have been a colossal waste of money.

I have no regrets buying the AR Drone. Had I not bought that a few years ago, I'd never have developed an interest in quadcopters, aerial filming, or FPV.

Though the AR Drone is nowhere as technologically advanced as a Phantom, I would never have considered spending $679.00 (plus ALL the accessories; GoPro 3, mounts, props, case, etc) had I not been swayed by the AR Drone.
And I think I'm a better pilot having trained on the Drone as well.

I guess.. Anyway... Back to what I said at first.
Would I be able to use a mode 1 futaba transmitter on my phantom as a mode 3 transmitter if I reverse the ailerons and the rudder wires connected to the naza?

The T8J radio comes with an S-bus receiver, so you will only need 1 connection to the Naza, just like the current
DJI transmitter uses.

The Futaba T8J is easily configured to the mode you like, by programming, and easy to follow instructions in the user manual.
No need to disassemble the radio at all.

Seems like the T8J would be a perfect fit for you, since you like to get involved with your equipment, and make it suit your needs.

Almost everything on the Futaba radio is programmable, all the switches can be configured any way you like, 2 programmable
timers. And I'm sure a lot of fun will be had customizing it to your liking.

To enable the S-bus in the Naza Assistant software, select "D-bus".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic