Remote Pilot Licence, Look up?

Reaction score
Quick question guys,

Do we know of a way yet to look up to see if someone is actually has their part 107 certificate? I have seen a few face book post in my area about guys selling their services, even at areas where they would be above people. On the post it says nothing of licenses or insurance. This just scares me, the drone world could use less negative publicity. Just curious.

Thanks

After passing the test and completing the application, it has been taking 3-6 days to get your temp certificate (sort of like a 30 day tag on your car while you wait for the title). It's a fully qualified license, just not the plastic permanent one with your certificate #. So a lot of us are FAA cleared to conduct commercial ops under Part 107. FAA doesn't have anything to say about insurance and flying over people is still a NO-NO!

After passing the test and completing the application, it has been taking 3-6 days to get your temp certificate (sort of like a 30 day tag on your car while you wait for the title). It's a fully qualified license, just not the plastic permanent one with your certificate #. So a lot of us are FAA cleared to conduct commercial ops under Part 107. FAA doesn't have anything to say about insurance and flying over people is still a NO-NO!
Sorry, missed the intent of your post. I don't think that the FAA has set up a UAS pilot registry yet.

Reactions: Jonathan Huff
Sorry, missed the intent of your post. I don't think that the FAA has set up a UAS pilot registry yet.

Thanks! For the pilots like myself who studied hard to past the test, just to have hobbyist out their knowing their not certified selling product.

There is an airman registry that you can access after putting in your contact information. But you need personal info such as the pilot's DOB! Not something someone is going to give out to a stranger. And even if you could confirm that he wasn't certified, what would you do about it, report him o the FAA? Not sure that's a road I want to go down.

Just looked myself up. They list my Part 61 pilot certificate, but not the Part 107 one. Perhaps because they haven't issue the permanent one yet.

Just looked myself up. They list my Part 61 pilot certificate, but not the Part 107 one. Perhaps because they haven't issue the permanent one yet.

Thanks for the information! Helps a lot. I'm really happy they changed the law, learning the whole part 107 definitely makes everyone who knows nothing about the rules of the sky more responsible.

It will probably show up on the airmen registry. I remember it took awhile for my name to show up after I got my PPL.

Go to landings. com and select either "search" or "database" from the options at the bottom. Then select "pilot". From that point you can search based on name and address to see what airman certifications someone has.

It would be nice if there was a part 107 database so ppl looking for services in a certain area could find you.

I think there are a few sites that have sprung up for that. They aren't tied to the FAA's database, but do list providers who have registered with them.

Go to landings. com and select either "search" or "database" from the options at the bottom. Then select "pilot". From that point you can search based on name and address to see what airman certifications someone has.

One thing I noticed about landings.com it doesn't show airmen info if they choose to keep their address private.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4