Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Remote controller alarm

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Jsun, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Jsun

Hi, couldn't find a similar thread, so I'll try a new one. I have experienced two times lately a red flashing light on the remote controller, and a loud alarm sounding Beep-Beep-Beep.... when I power it on.
    - The controller was at 50%-60% charge at the time of the incidents, so the low battery alarm shouldn't be an issue(?)
    - This happens immediately after start-up, so it wasn't the idle alarm.
    - P3A is only two months old.

I haven't attempted to start the P3 when the error occurs, and checked the DJI Go app for error messages, but I'll try to do that next time.

If I restart the controller a couple of time the alarm goes away, and I have had no trouble during flights.
    Any theory what the reason for this could be? Should I be concerned by the RC (battery) health?

2. alokbhargava

One of the reasons for such alarm is sticks calibration. Do the calibration and see if the alarm goes away.

Jsun likes this.
  3. msinger

Approved Vendor

If it's a calibration issue, the alarm will stop when you move the sticks. If that's the case, then do this:

Jsun likes this.
  4. Jsun

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to do the RC/stick calibration, and see if that resolves the issue. The only calibration I haven't done yet :oops:

5. Skypicswa

If the phantom is off but controller is on, 5mins it will beep and flash red a long slowish beep that is.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. Jsun

Yes, as I stated in my original post I get this error happens immediately after start-up, so it isn't the idle alarm. I also think it sounds different, the idle alarm has a bit of a pause between the Beeps I seem to remember :)

7. yojo182

I get a loud beeping and red light if my left (throttle) stick is locked down it shuts off when I center it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app