Remote Control

Reaction score
Just got the Standard Phantom 3...remote control seems to have charging issues...when I plug it in to the wall outlet I get a solid red light but it never seems to charge. When I flip the switch on the green lights begin to blink looking like its charging...then about half way into charging it started beeping...I slid the switch off and back on again and the green lights are blinking again...appears to be charging...strange...
Any direction on the proper procedure...should the switch be off while charging or on? THANKS!!

Keep the power switched turned off while charging. The light on the remote controller will remain solid red until it has finished charging.

Keep the power switched turned off while charging. The light on the remote controller will remain solid red until it has finished charging.
OK, I will try it again...I did do that originally overnight and it didn't fully charge and the red light was still on in the morning (12 hours). THANKS!!

How many green lights are illuminated when you turn on the remote controller (while it's unplugged)? What did you plug it into when you charged it?

How many green lights are illuminated when you turn on the remote controller (while it's unplugged)? What did you plug it into when you charged it?
1 green light when unplugged, I am using the same plug I use to charge my iPhone.
Do you know why it would start beeping?

What is the other end of the cable plugged into?

When exactly does it start beeping?
cable that came with phantom 3 standard...usb end in the iPhone plug in a wall outlet and the other end is plugged into the bottom of the remote control.

cable that came with phantom 3 standard...usb end in the iPhone plug in a wall outlet and the other end is plugged into the bottom of the remote control.
Its like it starts beeping every time it charges to the next green led light when the switch is on and appears to be charging...does it beep if it is left on for a certain amount of time?idk

Yes it will beep if you leave it on without the drone powered up to remind you to switch it off and keep it switched off while you
are charging it like msinger told ya . Try another charging block . I have has issues before with mine and just switched them out
and it was fine then . Maybe that will help you .
Welcome to the forum 2A .

Yes it will beep if you leave it on without the drone powered up to remind you to switch it off and keep it switched off while you
are charging it like msinger told ya . Try another charging block . I have has issues before with mine and just switched them out
and it was fine then . Maybe that will help you .
Welcome to the forum 2A .
OK!! THANKS!!

Yes, on all of the above, iPhone charger should be powerful enough, but?
If you buy another power block, get one that handle about 2 amps or bigger for charging more than one item (two ports).
I'm thinking, four to six hours to charge?

Rod

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.