Remote control status light blinking red, beeping

Is the status lamp on RC blinking red ?
Mine was + beeping after (to keep it short) installing an antenna mod. I tried to recalibrate but next power cycle, it starting again. After careful check of the stick, one axis was not having a real nice mechanical zero. It can stay fix on some angle. I had an antenna cable in the RC that was touching that axis. After correcting the position of the cable, then all fine, I had just to recalibrate the RC.
This error as describe in the manual is very generic, can be related to battery, probably some internal test or that a stick is not at zero position at startup.

Same red light and beeping problem. Tried RC calibration never can get it started. When I touch 'Calibrate' and expect to see 2 lines of instructions for moving sticks and wheel, instead I get a 'Warning' box saying "Return sticks to midpoints before clicking 'Start' button. During calibration, follow all prompts. Not doing so may lead to calibration failure." Followed by choice of 'Cancel' or 'OK'. Can't get out of the Warning box --> Start loop and it never allows me to move the sticks or the wheel. Suggestions???

Strange, I got it again on an old GL300A RC. I updated it from 1.8.0 to 1.9.20 and it started beep with red blinking.
I was able to recalibrate, when it said to center stick, I just continued. It was still beeping. I have redone, maybe forget to calibrate the camera wheel. the first time, but it was still beeping after that. Only when I powered off and on, relink and it was ok.
I upgraded also a GL300C RC but then it just got dead after the upgrade, but that's not the subject of the thread.

Strange, I got it again on an old GL300A RC. I updated it from 1.8.0 to 1.9.20 and it started beep with red blinking.
I was able to recalibrate, when it said to center stick, I just continued. It was still beeping. I have redone, maybe forget to calibrate the camera wheel. the first time, but it was still beeping after that. Only when I powered off and on, relink and it was ok.
I upgraded also a GL300C RC but then it just got dead after the upgrade, but that's not the subject of the thread.
Thanks. I am using an iPad and the most current version of the firmware (v1.11.20) and DJI GO app (v 3.1.13). Funny thing is that I've searched every place I can think of and no one makes a reference to the Warning box and going into an endless loop that doesn't allow you to calibrate.

I thought I was also in an endless loop. I will try to redo this calibration tomorrow. Currently I am fighting with my dead GL300C.

Sorry I didn't read through the whole hread. But mine is doing the same thing. I talked to DJI today and he told me the transmitter needed re calibrated.

In my old case, one of the stick was not mechanically at zero position after I opened it and the RC check that at power up. If it is the case, then it start beeping and having the lamp red blinking indicating the sticks need calibration (some repair in my old case).
This time it started beeping + red blink after a firmware update. Remembering this thread, I was going through the calibration of RC. I got also a strange message that was confusing me. but finally I got it calibrated. I for sure tried to move the sticks so they come back to true zero position, but as at the end it stopped beeping, I didn't took too much attention at why I was confused at start of calibration procedure.
If you see the slides on the app moving when you move the sticks, it should be good. At first I forget the gimbal control wheel, that was maybe why I was not able to calibrate at first.

Sorry I didn't read through the whole hread. But mine is doing the same thing. I talked to DJI today and he told me the transmitter needed re calibrated.
Thanks Quick Cal. Do you know how one goes about calibrating the transmitter? I'd like to give it a try. Thanks...

After redoing carefully the calibration of the RC, I have seen a difference between android and IOS version of GO app.

In IOS, there is not really place for error. For IOS, the end of calibration is a button FINISH that is not active until you move each stick and the gimbal wheel successfully.

In android version, the DONE button can be pressed at any time during the calibration and if all sticks + wheel have not been successfully moved, then it result in a calibration RC error (beeping + red link led blinking). It is what happened to me yesterday. Now I have redone the calibration steps steps by steps and I got why I had to redo it. Android app is not that user friendly for calibration of RC.

Thanks Dronason and Quick Cal. I had read that you should not try RC calibration with the drone connected, so I pulled the lightning plug. Then as experiment, I plugged the lightning cable, but turned off the drone and it worked. I got all the way to 'Finish'. Don't know if this is supposed to happen but it worked for me. Thanks...

By me there was a message (don't remember if it was android or ios case) that I should turn off the PH3 (this is logical as you will play with the sticks) , so it won't continue. Then was ok.
Happy you come to a positive conclusion.

I bought a refurbished unit through New Egg in the US, The drone came directly from a DJI repair facility so you would think it would have less chance of having a problem because you figure they had to do something to deal with whatever the issue was that got it there. The remote would not charge from the first attempt. I tried to get DJI to cross ship a replacement seeing it was DOA but DJI said no dice it would be at least a month for it to be repaired. I then called New Egg and asked them to cross ship me a entire replacement. They jerked me around for a day and then said it would be several days before they could let me know if they could handle it. SO I was going to just return it and buy another one but I came across this thread. It seems clear DJI has a serious design flaw in this drones remote and they are not at all interested in working with their customers. Just hoping they will patiently wait for a replacement. Based on what I am reading it seems even if I get a working unit it will likely fail again at some point. So I am taking advantage of my return and going to buy something else. It is really a shame because this unit (P4 standard) had everything I was looking for at a good price refurbished ($799). A big thanks to all the posters on this form you saved me from wasting $800 and a lot more time.

Thanks Dronason and Quick Cal. I had read that you should not try RC calibration with the drone connected, so I pulled the lightning plug. Then as experiment, I plugged the lightning cable, but turned off the drone and it worked. I got all the way to 'Finish'. Don't know if this is supposed to happen but it worked for me. Thanks...
Lightning Plug?

Im having the same issue with my controler putting me in the endless loop of return control sticks to up right position, not understanding clearly what you did to get past this , I hadnt used my drone for a god month and went to use it and it started the crazy beeping and flashing light .... HELP!

I had the flashing beeping status light on my Phantom controller, it has been in moth ball for two years, looked at all the posts regarding this problem and was reluctant to do any drastic changers as the controller worked fine but the problem was annoying. After several days of trying the problem rectified its self ? so I would suggest do nothing for a few days.
Frank Benn

When I turn on the remote control for my P3, the status light on the controller blinks red continually and beeps about twice/second. It is fully charged and had no problems the last time I flew. Any idea what causes this symptom and how I can fix it?
Mine does the exact same thing. When I have left the left joystick in the full down position after motor turn off. It stays in the down locked position. Mine beeps and flashes a warning. I simply release it to the center position. And everything is AOK.

The controller needs to be linked to the drone . Just relink it and it will be fine. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do this bud.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31