Remote control signal low

Reaction score
After flying two batteries (uneventful) and getting ready to take off with a third (leaving the remote on the entire time), I noticed this warning (or something to that effect). Checked the signal strength and indeed it was only showing 2 bars while just 10 feet away from me. As it was getting dark and cold with the wind picking up, I elected to abort, but really wanted to burn the last battery down to 50%. Tried to clear the error by restarting the remote. Did the trick. Full remote signal and no more warning.

Another thing. I had been getting a lot of bouncing back and forth between GPS and non-GPS in the app yet the quad was unaffected and retained GPS lock. Did another compass calibration and that issue went away, too.

Just FYI if you ever see these warnings. Two simple things to try first.

The only time similar has happened to me was with trees between me and the bird at 1200m and when I got the bird down I noticed I had bumped the two antennae from the vertical position on the remote and I was turned slightly off of a direct line between the RC and bird.

I experience the low signal issue often and have to restart the controller and it will go away. Fortunately it always has happened preflight and never in flight. Seems to be an issue with startup order of controller and drone or something.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe my new SOP will be to restart the controller with every battery change.

Maybe my new SOP will be to restart the controller with every battery change.
I would, yes. I hear a number of glitches flying multiple batteries. I turn off the bird and controller in between flights and give them a few minutes cool down.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
After flying two batteries (uneventful) and getting ready to take off with a third (leaving the remote on the entire time), I noticed this warning (or something to that effect). Checked the signal strength and indeed it was only showing 2 bars while just 10 feet away from me. As it was getting dark and cold with the wind picking up, I elected to abort, but really wanted to burn the last battery down to 50%. Tried to clear the error by restarting the remote. Did the trick. Full remote signal and no more warning.

Another thing. I had been getting a lot of bouncing back and forth between GPS and non-GPS in the app yet the quad was unaffected and retained GPS lock. Did another compass calibration and that issue went away, too.

Just FYI if you ever see these warnings. Two simple things to try first.
I have experienced the same issue. Ended up shutting down remote and drone and restarting everything to fix the problem

Just curious, but those experiencing the GPS dropouts, are you using 1.6 firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am using 1.6. But it isn't GPS dropout. It's control signal drop out when I am standing 2 ft from the copter. GPS seems fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl