Remote control not connecting to rc assist

Reaction score
I have tried to search for this problem on the board but almost impossible to find a thread with the search engine. Anyway, maybe someone can help.

I was able to connect the transmitter to the rc assistant on my macbook a couple of weeks ago. Today I connected my 2V+ no problem but when i connected the transmitter and it was not seen by the computer. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have a bad mini usb connection or is it worse and my Tx is broken on the communication side? I have tried multiple cables and even opened the Tx up to ensure all connections and connectors were secure.

I can still control the Phantom, I just can't connect to the Tx to calibrate or change the mode, etc. Thx…

What is the email address or DJI support?

Day 1 - Same problem.

After opening the beautifully wrapped phantom & gimbal what a dam shame to leave this impression on me.
I cant connect the "MC" (why didnt they just write main controller?) to any of the downloadable versions of the Phantom assistant..

I honestly feel like sending this back. At the price they ask this is a piece of work equipment & not a toy.
Its also asking us to instal 4.02 of the software & its totally unattainable through phantom! WTF.

Phntom really messed up I spend at least 50 - 100k on equipment per year for my wedding photography & video business.
Im fuming cause iv wasted so many hours on this sh&t.

shanethemainman said:
Day 1 - Same problem.

After opening the beautifully wrapped phantom & gimbal what a dam shame to leave this impression on me.
I cant connect the "MC" (why didnt they just write main controller?) to any of the downloadable versions of the Phantom assistant..

I honestly feel like sending this back. At the price they ask this is a piece of work equipment & not a toy.
Its also asking us to instal 4.02 of the software & its totally unattainable through phantom! WTF.

Phntom really messed up I spend at least 50 - 100k on equipment per year for my wedding photography & video business.
Im fuming cause iv wasted so many hours on this sh&t.

You need to step back and read up.

Firstly, you don't need connect it to a computer at all initially.
Plenty of users will fly it for weeks with no problems as it came from the box.
Then assuming you are on windows, have you installed the driver from DJI downloads page?

You need the RC assistant download for the initial controller calibration.
Most likely there's no need to do it but it's best done first then when you check it again connected to the phantom you ensure all the extreme points of the stick movements match up.

The main assistant software is for the second stage of calibrating through the phantom connection.
You repeat the controller calibration here as this is what the phantom is receiving from the sticks now.
You can go through the tabs but if it's flying OK, best not to adjust or update anything the first time until you have a good understanding of what they are for.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj