Remote control no longer connecting

Reaction score
This was a frustrating start :( Taking my brand new Phantom 2 for its maiden flight. Everything fine for the first 4min then suddenly no control anymore. P2 goes into safe mode, comes back and lands safely.
However after that the remote controller did not connect again with the Phantom! Batteries ok, tried reset sync button on the P2 - nothing :eek:
The remote now shows a red light which blinks ever 3-4 seconds and there is very low "click" sound with each blink...?

Any help appreciated, Michael

No, its not the battery. Of course I changed them right away and even powered the remote with a stationary power supply. Low battery comes with a clear beep sound and a freq. blinking. Something broke the remote or put it in some kind of "standby" mode... Is there a kind of reset button somewhere?

There is some kind of tiny black button inside the tx but i never could figure out if its a reset or if it does any thing or not.

is that a 2.4ghz on a phantom 2 or is it a 5.8ghz like the phantom 2 vision uses?

if you have the 2.4ghz transmitter which think only has red leds in it. It could maybe be some thing that happened to my 5.8 tx once tho its its case the led turned yellow but the tx would not work and didnt give me any beeps. and would just blink.

It was out of calibration from turning it on some how while the sticks were not centered I had to open it up and hook up the usb to the board in side the tx and use the rc assistant to re do to the stick calibration. and then turn it off and back on and it went back to normal. Then just to see it that was really the cause I intentionally threw it back out of calibration and I got the same weird light that no one know about and was not in the manual. recalibrated it and it fixed it again.

So you may be having the same thing but only with a red led being I don't think the 2.4 has a 3 colored led like the 5.8ghz version does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers