remote control (handset)

Reaction score
Hi, wonder if anybody can help. just bought a new P1, got it out of the box, charged the battery and put new AA batteries into the remote control, connected the remote and drone to my PC to check software, it stated needed to update so told it to carry on and update, it then said update failed and now the remote will not work, the LED light does not light up when i push the switch, so I cannot connect the remote to the drone or even to Nazam to see what the problem is, please help. Ted

I'll try to help. I have 3 P1s and have no switches to push. Please be specific . What exactly is the transmitter doing? First mistake was to upgrade anything without seeing if it worked at all. Which P1 do you have? What happens when you power up the drone?

Hi, thank you, the transmitter is doing nothing, i connected to my PC, DJI Nazam assistant, it stated i needed to update the firmware, which I told it to do, about 20% in it stated firmware update failed do a power recycle, I did this, then noticed there was no green LED light on the transmitter, before the update I calibrated the transmitter and this worked fine, as to which P1 it is a V1.1.1. When I plug in the battery for the drone it goes through the pre flight light sequence, then, it did flash yellow stating not connected to the transmitter, but now flashes 2 yellow and 3 red, the drone connects to the PC and that has the latest software on it, the drivers are correctly installed on my Pc, showing DJI virtual port, hope that helps you and again thank you for trying to help. Ted

I don't believe I have ever connected my transmitter to the pc. So, when you turn the tx on, the led won't come on? You say the drone has the latest firmware. What version is that. I have never updated mine and have no problems. My version is 4.02 . You said this was new. Where did you find a new P1? I would thing the tx light would come on . Double check your batteries and connections on tx. It should beep also when turning on.Has this ever flown yet?.

Hi, software version is: 4.02 same as yours, yes is new my father in law bought it for me from Latvia as he is Latvian, have tried several sets of batteries and all connections have been cleaned, Ted

hi, turned it on, it did not connect to the drone, so tried to connect by pushing the button inside the battery compartment, red LED lashed then went solid red, I then connected to my PC started the nazam assist, tried to configure the handset, which went ok, then tried to reconnect to the drone but still no good, tried to update the firmware, from then on the handset or remote has not worked, that is everything I have done to both drone and remote

hi, turned it on, it did not connect to the drone, so tried to connect by pushing the button inside the battery compartment, red LED lashed then went solid red, I then connected to my PC started the nazam assist, tried to configure the handset, which went ok, then tried to reconnect to the drone but still no good, tried to update the firmware, from then on the handset or remote has not worked, that is everything I have done to both drone and remote
I don't think trying to update tx would stop the power light from coming on whether it was bound to drone or not. So the tx is completely dead? Have you actually checked the batteries and have them inserted properly.

Hi, yes all checked full power test on batteries and inserted correctly, you have confirmed what I expected, luckily the person that sold it will replace the TX, just have to wait until father in law comes back from Russia and Latvia, thank you very much, Ted

Hi, yes all checked full power test on batteries and inserted correctly, you have confirmed what I expected, luckily the person that sold it will replace the TX, just have to wait until father in law comes back from Russia and Latvia, thank you very much, Ted
Would they care if you opened the tx to look for a bad connection?

Hi, they have agreed to replace the TX and do not want this one returning so I will open check connections and solder joints, thank you

HI all, thank you for all the help offered, I have bought a new TX, calibrated and connected and have had my first flight, that was a rush, I took the old TX apart and it looks like the motherboard is dead, have reading going in but nothing coming out, so will strip for spare parts, thank you all again, could not have done it without your help, Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.