Remote Control Firmware Update / Nexus 10

Reaction score
I've just purchased a P3A. I was hoping to use my Nexus 10 tablet with it, but so far I can't get it to connect. I've turned USB Debugging ON and enabled PTP mode, but still no joy. I know the Nexus 10 isn't a recommended tablet, but I've seen other non-recommended devices work just fine so I was optimistic.

Anyway, to try and give this another shot I also need to update the firmware on the P3A and the remote control. The "how to" on how to update the drone makes perfect sense to me. However, from what I'm reading with the remote control there appears to be more than one process: 1) using a USB Flash Drive connected to the remote itself to execute the remote and 2) over WiFi using your display update the remote. I guess both would work, but

- Where do you find the file to put on the Flash to update the firmware on the remote control? I don't see it specifically listed on DJI's web site. I wouldn't think you would use the exact same BIN file that you update the drone with for the remote as well, but I could be wrong.

- Also, if anyone has found a way to connect their Nexus 10 to a P3A please let me know. I'm beginning to think it just isn't possible.

If the firmware is older than 1.3.2, then 1.3.2 will need to be installed via a memory card. That's all covered in my instructions above though ;)

I've just purchased a P3A. I was hoping to use my Nexus 10 tablet with it, but so far I can't get it to connect. I've turned USB Debugging ON and enabled PTP mode, but still no joy. I know the Nexus 10 isn't a recommended tablet, but I've seen other non-recommended devices work just fine so I was optimistic.

Anyway, to try and give this another shot I also need to update the firmware on the P3A and the remote control. The "how to" on how to update the drone makes perfect sense to me. However, from what I'm reading with the remote control there appears to be more than one process: 1) using a USB Flash Drive connected to the remote itself to execute the remote and 2) over WiFi using your display update the remote. I guess both would work, but

- Where do you find the file to put on the Flash to update the firmware on the remote control? I don't see it specifically listed on DJI's web site. I wouldn't think you would use the exact same BIN file that you update the drone with for the remote as well, but I could be wrong.

- Also, if anyone has found a way to connect their Nexus 10 to a P3A please let me know. I'm beginning to think it just isn't possible.

It will say update requried for rc, connect to wifi or internet. click download in dji app, wait, it will say install update, click install. Restart rm.

If the firmware is older than 1.3.2, then 1.3.2 will need to be installed via a memory card. That's all covered in my instructions above though ;)

Thanks for all that. What I'm still curious about though is I can't seem to find anything reflecting a different BIN file for the remote control. Does the BIN file used to update the drone and battery the exact same for updating the remote control?

Thanks for all that. What I'm still curious about though is I can't seem to find anything reflecting a different BIN file for the remote control. Does the BIN file used to update the drone and battery the exact same for updating the remote control?

I do recognize that technically I should be doing it from the DJI GO app for the latest firmware. I'm just curious about the process for updating via the SD Card.

Thanks for all that. What I'm still curious about though is I can't seem to find anything reflecting a different BIN file for the remote control.
The same BIN file is used to update the Phantom, batteries, and/or RC. If you follow my instructions exactly, you should be golden.

NO. totaly different update.

As noted by @msinger, up until 1.3.2 the standard way to upgrade everything was with the single BIN file so anyone with older FW needs to start with that method. Once on more current FW versions, the RC is updated via the app and it often has a different FW version number than the AC.

Summary:
1. Just follow the directions from @msinger and as he noted you will be golden.
2. If someone posts something different than what @msinger said, see #1.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31