Remote Control doesn't turn on or register charging

Reaction score
The remote will not turn on and will not say it is hooked up to the charger. If I power it on while on the charger it will power up and say fully charged? What do I do? Please help if you know anything at all?

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

If less than year old it might be covered under warranty so you need to contact DJJI support on their website. Likely the battery has gone bad. Probably will take abut 3 weeks with the RMA and shipping turn around.

I do have an Authorized DJI store here do you think I could take it there? I just did a shell replacement and would rather not fuss about opening it up. Lol I'm just being lazy I suppose. It will trunk on and bind to the aircraft when plugged in. So all I can think about is the battery is bad. I got it from a friend and no warranty.

So please no rudeness. I am open to any suggestions. Whether someone is right or wrong, it is still help and very much appreciated. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond with advice. You can't buy lipo batteries at Wal Mart. So what is going on, it will not turn on. I plug the remote in amd it will turn on but not charge. It binds to the aircraft while plugged in. So the remote is working. I unplug it and no power. Does this sound like a battery problem?

I do have an Authorized DJI store here do you think I could take it there? I just did a shell replacement and would rather not fuss about opening it up. Lol I'm just being lazy I suppose. It will trunk on and bind to the aircraft when plugged in. So all I can think about is the battery is bad. I got it from a friend and no warranty.

Don't know. If they work on them they might and maybe have the battery pack too.

I've opened the RC and it wasn't too bad. You need to pull up the three catches for the ribbon cables like installing the HDMI module (Bunch of online videos showing that procedure, and for installing antenna booster hardware and fittings too.). Plus prying off the four rubber bits underneath them that have four screws and snap it apart. The battery pack has a large plug on it that plugs onto the motherboard. The double-sided tape I reused on the rubber parts and still holding well.

Lol yah I just talked to the DJI store they said I could buy a new remote. That no one was in the store today and couldn't check to see of they had some spare parts that had battery in them to replace. That they themselves can't even order batteries. Why on earth would they not sell replacements? Knowing they are lipo and **** can go really wrong with them? They do fail. My remote has been charger less than 20 times in its life all together. I wonder if it may have become dislodged or bad connection? I guess I will have to open her up and check the voltage on the battery. It's sad but I think I may be a little more knowledgeable than the service techs. I am under the assumption they just do minor repairs. It is a new store that just opened. What do you guys think? Is it the battery? Can I buy an same mah wattage battery and just swap out connections and battery?

Try another compatible battery first and see how the RC interacts.
Previously to my comment on this thread someone wrote "Likely the battery has gone bad." My fisr recourse would be
Huh? Get a replacement at Wal Mart right? Not to be a jerk, but people READ these things before you try to help. Like telling someone their muffler bearing is squeaky or their blinker fluid is low.
Sorry chaps, I did in fact read it wrong. I'll hush up!

The P4 battery specs on the DJI website show this:
Battery: 6000 mAh LiPo 2S, 1.2 Amps @ 7.4 Volts

Some hobby shops or their suppliers may have something close like HobbyKing.com, but you'll need to crack the case open and get the dimensions to see if it will fit or make it fit. Probably will have to solder the plug off the old one onto the new leads too.

Inside of P4 case and battery is in housing on left side so you get an idea as to its size.

Inside RC GL300C unit.jpg

Last edited:
I disassembled the remote and took the battery out. I put the battery on a multi meter and am getting no reading on either cell. So the battery must have short. So frustrating. Why can't they just sale the battery? So bow to find a battery. Hmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20