Remote Control Calibration

Reaction score
I have my Phantom2+gimbal since last week.
I did abt 7 or 8 flights and crashed twice. My P2 doesn't seem to hoover in place. It goes up or down, it drifts in any direction. Not uncontrollable, but unreliable. When I tried to let him come back to the home spot in failsafe mode it crashed in a tree that is at least 5 meters away from the home spot.
I calibrated the compass several times with success, I updated the firmware. Nothing helped.

Then I figured it might be the remote that needs calibration, I attached the RC to my Mac and launched the RC application and I think I saw a clue. As soon as I hit the "calibrate" button, the AETR values were NOT centred (see attached image). So I did the calibration, and when I finished the positions were on the center spot. But as soon as I hit "calibration" again, the values returned as show in the attached pic...

Then I went for a test flight and... it got a lot worse! Immediately after take off the P2 flew to the left and crash right away...

Can someone help me out? It is not easy to find good information. The user manual should be at least twice as thick!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 09.24.16.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 09.24.16.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 424
I filmed my last attempt to fly. Here it is:
[youtube] http://youtu.be/butcZ1GY9vs [/youtube]
after this flight, I connecter the P2 to my Mac and everything looked normal I guess:
I planned to use my P2 for a film that I am about to make. In fact, I bought it for that, but it doesn't look there will be a lot of filming... Can someone please help me out??
THANK YOU!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 14.28.29.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 14.28.29.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 402

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.