Remote Control Batteries

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

I have just bought a PH2V+

How do you check the remaining power in your remote controller? Do you just change the batteries after a set number of flying hours?

I am afraid of waiting for them to run out!

Thanks

The controller LED flashes slowly, and it gives out a slow beep you cannot miss when the voltage drops too low.
You can certainly still get home as planned, and probably safely do several more flights before it is critical.
The way it works you don't get any real reduction in performance even at the flashing and beeping stage, so far as I know.

You can probably get at least 40 flights on each set.
You ought to have a set of batteries with you as there is always a chance of some early failure.

NB Controller will also beep and flash if left turned on and unused for about ten minutes.
This does not mean batteries are depleted.

MusicalTeeth said:
Hi Everybody!

I have just bought a PH2V+

How do you check the remaining power in your remote controller? Do you just change the batteries after a set number of flying hours?

I am afraid of waiting for them to run out!

Thanks

Read the manual.
Lots of other info in there too! ;)

A set of alkaline or lithiums will give you 20+ hours. Change them now and again if you are worried, but the TX range is not affected until you reach 4.8V, so they need to go pretty flat before it's an issue.

Geert said:
If the remaining power in your remote controller is too low, the green led will turn red.
When it turns red you still have plenty of time to finish that flight. Keep some spare batteries with you or in your case.

;)

Geert./.

The led on the controller is always red (at least mine is) When batteries are running low the led starts blinking and you will hear the bleeping sound.

It's worth noting that the Tx ALSO starts beeping after a lengthy period of inactivity. Don't think that this means that your batteries are flat - it doesn't.

Good to know! I swapped out my batteries the other day when it was beeping. I thought it was odd that they would have run out so quickly! Now I see it was simply because I had left the controller on too long.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl