Remote charging

Reaction score
How are most recharging their P3S remotes? Since the charging port is a micro usb are most charging off of a pc or using perhaps a phone charger?

New to this and looking into some items such as this.

Great site here with a lot of knowledgeable people on it....love it.

I charge mine via a USB port on my computer.

I use the charger from my Kindle to charge the remote. Works fine.

I find it more convenient to use a wall socket.

I think most people these days have multiple devices that use micro USB ports to charge and they therefore have multiple chargers which plug into the wall. Many of these are simply two pronged 110 volt adapters that convert to 5 volts (read the fine print adhered to the device) and that have a standard usb port in the back, so you'd then use a cable that has a standard usb plug on one end and a micro usb plug on the other end.

Not all these chargers are the same. Generally, the bigger the device, the more amps. The more amps, the faster the charge.

The charger that comes with the apple iPad is a nice 2.1 amp charger but you'd need a micro usb cable for it to work for your controller.

A cheaper charger would be only 1 amp or even .7 amps which would also work fine but takes significantly longer to charge.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far. I too am starting to use a different charger for my remote. I haven't found one that is real quick so far. If I am on the computer then I just plug the remote in while I am surfing.

Thanks for the ideas so far though..

Get a wall charger that has the new technology called Smart ID and then the charger supposedly adjusts its output power based on the devices plugged into it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj