Remote antenna pin

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but have searched and did not find this.

My antenna on the remote that swivels came off today. It has a plastic pin that goes through it about the size of a paper clip. I imagine it broke because it serves as a "shear pin" but not sure.

Anyway, this pin is small and I can easily replace it with a paper clip. Is that a mistake

I'm not sure if a pin is actually in there. I broke mine a couple weeks ago and saw what you are talking about. A very small hole. I think a paper clip is too big to be honest. It may be glue holding the thing on. I'm not sure. I ended up just getting rid of my remote to s fellow pilot here. And got another. Wish I could help because I know exactly what you are talking about. I saw it but can't imagine a pin fitting in there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually, a paper clip fits it very well. My worry is that it might cause interference? and that it might need to break hence small plastic pin. I broke the darn thing trying to fit it into a new case. That won't happen again

It's just a stop to keep from over swiveling your antenna cracked mine open today not much to it but broke mine also so used a platic toothpick fits right in and you can cut it to length not a big issue at all, as far as paper clip I have no idea but I bet it wouldn't hurt a thing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj