Remeber that you need to report your sale of your UAV should you sell it.

Reaction score
49 U.S. Code § 44109 - Reporting transfer of ownership

(a)Filing Notices.—
A person having an ownership interest in an aircraft for which a certificate of registration was issued under section 44103 of this title shall file a notice with the Secretary of the Treasury that the Secretary requires by regulation, not later than 15 days after a sale, conditional sale, transfer, or conveyance of the interest.

We want to stay within the laws...

I haven't registered yet, but aren't I registering myself not my multiple sUAV's. Or are you referring to full scale manned aircraft? My registration number would refer to me and that one number would be located in each of my models. They don't care about who owns what, just so the current owner's personal registration number is on or in the craft.

Perhaps I'm confused, please clarify for me. Thanks,

maybe its in regards to 333? (or full size like buk said).
The FAA doesnt have model or serial numbers so i dont think this refers to me. i could buy, sell, or trade and they dont need to know that. i registered myself.
eventually i can see a crackdown and everyone will have to update their info with model/ serial numbers but until then- im not worried about it. i already returned a standard for my advanced.

It says under section 44103. Since they used that section to say you need to show your papers to any LEO asking you will need to report the sale.
Here's a link to the LEO info card https://www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/media/LEO_guidance_card.pdf It says "
Required documents must be in operator’s possession and presented to law enforcement upon request per
49 U.S.C. 44103(d"

Even if you were right, this is unenforceable. Why? Because the registration process doesn't even care what drone you have. So the minute you remove the sticker (or however you marked the drone) the drone can be sold to another operator without the FAA knowing or caring. As the poster above notes the registration is of the pilot not a particular craft. When a LEO asks for your registration they are really checking that you are registered as a pilot and that you have marked your drone with your registration number.

This is likely referring to aircraft that have tail numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers