Reliable, Dependable, Consistent FPV Range of P2V+

You don't mention what mode your TX is in (CE or FCC) so check to see if your TX is in CE mode? Turn on, single beep indicates CE, double beep indicates FCC. You want to be in FCC for greatest range. Look in the manual for how to change it. You get greater range with FCC mode.

Good point. I did actually switch to FCC mode as soon as I set it up. I hear the 2 beep confirmation when I turn on the transmitter. This morning I raised the max altitude to 3000 ft and max distance to 5000 ft. However, when I tried a test flight I still get only 1000-1100 feet. Will try a new location later to see if it makes a difference.

proximo said:
You don't mention what mode your TX is in (CE or FCC) so check to see if your TX is in CE mode? Turn on, single beep indicates CE, double beep indicates FCC. You want to be in FCC for greatest range. Look in the manual for how to change it. You get greater range with FCC mode.

Good point. I did actually switch to FCC mode as soon as I set it up. I hear the 2 beep confirmation when I turn on the transmitter. This morning I raised the max altitude to 3000 ft and max distance to 5000 ft. However, when I tried a test flight I still get only 1000-1100 feet. Will try a new location later to see if it makes a difference.

Something else I noticed when I had my P2V, when I connected the RC Assistant to the TX, it had a software way to switch it. I had the pot turned to FCC, and was getting the two beeps, but it showed as set to CE mode in the assistant. So I selected the FCC radio button in the software and then when I closed and reopened the RC assistant it showed FCC. I never flew further than 6 or 7 hundred feet before that so I dont know if it made a difference. After that though I flew to 1700 feet distance no problem.

Kind of confusing that there is a software and hardware selection. Haven't tested switching it back to CE in software to see if it has the CE limit with the pot set to FCC and getting the two beeps.

So I am very interested in having the most reliable, dependable, consistent FPV range and quality for a specific reason: I want to live stream the signal from the android or Apple iOS device to a TV. I know they are coming out with a thing called a lightbridge that is designed to do this, but it is over my budget and I don't believe it works with the P2V+ anyways. I also realize the FPV view is not HD which I can deal with as long as it is a very clear 480p signal.

If anyone can recommend 2 things:

1. The best device for the least laggy/highest quality FPV using the DJI vision app. (Android or iOS).
2. Best way with no lag to get the video out from that device to a TV.

Thanks!

-Dave

Jayson Hanes said:
FWIW, I get/got a full mile (5280 feet) without changing anything at all on my machine.. right out of the box.. now if I fly with tree branches obstructing my LOS, I only get 1500-1700 feet and then RTH

You must have been flying in the middle of nowhere, like the equivalent of a desert to get that kind of distance out of the box with no mods. Regardless though it's still an impressive result, if it's for real.

vjdave said:
So I am very interested in having the most reliable, dependable, consistent FPV range and quality for a specific reason: I want to live stream the signal from the android or Apple iOS device to a TV. I know they are coming out with a thing called a lightbridge that is designed to do this, but it is over my budget and I don't believe it works with the P2V+ anyways. I also realize the FPV view is not HD which I can deal with as long as it is a very clear 480p signal.

If anyone can recommend 2 things:

1. The best device for the least laggy/highest quality FPV using the DJI vision app. (Android or iOS).
2. Best way with no lag to get the video out from that device to a TV.

Thanks!

-Dave

Get a good helical LHCP antenna and it will double your range if not more. You'll be able to run 640x480 30fps or 15fps if you want more range. And for even further range mod the antennas on the Phantom itself with a pinwheel style antenna like a Skew Planer or Closer Leaf.

Also there's no such thing as a "no lag" output from a device. You can shoot for at little lag as possible, but no lag? no such thing. If you have an iOS device with lightning adapter you can do video out with that to a monitor or TV. Some Android devices also have video / hdmi out capabilities as well.

Get a good helical LHCP antenna and it will double your range if not more. You'll be able to run 640x480 30fps or 15fps if you want more range. And for even further range mod the antennas on the Phantom itself with a pinwheel style antenna like a Skew Planer or Closer Leaf.

so, if I get something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8G-helical-an ... 1386095022

how do I connect it to the extender?

doug86 said:

so, if I get something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8G-helical-an ... 1386095022

Doug,
You tube has some great step by step instructions. Rather than figure it out yourself, just watch and hopefully you'll be flying further in no time. :)

Doono said:
doug86 said:

Doug,
You tube has some great step by step instructions. Rather than figure it out yourself, just watch and hopefully you'll be flying further in no time. :)

thanks. This one was very helpful!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEHzDi4hHKU

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj