Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

Ok... So it can be "Paused" during a waypoint mission, you can then tilt the camera via the phone app... But you CAN NOT actually take flight control back with the TX without "cancelling" the mission.

Does the phone app feature for tilting the phone also work with yaw? I've never tried it for yaw.... Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks

The Rookie

Geert said:
RCRookie said:
Ok... So it can be "Paused" during a waypoint mission, you can then tilt the camera via the phone app... But you CAN NOT actually take flight control back with the TX without "cancelling" the mission.

Does the phone app feature for tilting the phone also work with yaw? I've never tried it for yaw.... Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks Geert,

The Rookie

Yes, you can pause the mission and tilt the camera via the phone app. You can not take full flight control without canceling the mission. Of course after canceling the mission you can start exactly the same mission again. During the mission there is no input from the sticks possible without taking full control. Taking over control is easy done by toggle the S1 switch down and up again.

Geert.

Yup... Got that. My question is about YAW?.. does the phone app allow you to Yaw the craft/camera as well as pitch ??? .... There seems to be some confusion on this feature.

The manual shows an image of the camera being PITCHED as well as being YAWED with the phone app.... Its a feature i've never tried in the air.

Curious,

Thanks Geert,

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
Yup... Got that. My question is about YAW?.. does the phone app allow you to Yaw the craft/camera as well as pitch ??? .... There seems to be some confusion on this feature.

The manual shows an image of the camera being PITCHED as well as being YAWED with the phone app.... Its a feature i've never tried in the air.

Curious,

Thanks Geert,

The Rookie
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?p=170580#p170580

RCRookie said:

You mean "Accelerometer Sensor Mode Yaw Control"?

I have tried it (before GS was released), but it did not work with my tablet. I guess my tablet does not have "Accelerometer Sensor".

I could consider buying new smart device, if aiming camera to the target can done this way!

AnselA said:
RCRookie said:

You mean "Accelerometer Sensor Mode Yaw Control"?

I have tried it (before GS was released), but it did not work with my tablet. I guess my tablet does not have "Accelerometer Sensor".

I could consider buying new smart device, if aiming camera to the target can done this way!

Correct!...That's exactly what I mean.... If this feature works for Pitch ONLY, ..then I assume its a feature that would require EITHER a Yaw Motor (gimbal, 3rd Axis) (Vision Plus? )... or a means to affect the TX control to INPUT a yaw command?

So theoretically,...this YAW accelerometer feature DOES work with a Vision Plus ?
Is this a correct assumption ?

Thanks

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
So theoretically,...this YAW accelerometer feature DOES work with a Vision Plus ?

When it is in the DJIs user manual, can we expect it works as described?

Attachments

• accelometer_yaw.JPG
    accelometer_yaw.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 325
I have a P2V and have used the phone tilt / accelerometer yaw before GS. I haven't tried it yet with GS.

AnselA said:
RCRookie said:

When it is in the DJIs user manual, can we expect it works as described?

If it DOES NOT WORK as described (advertised)...Shouldn't we consider it DEFECTIVE?

Any Plus owners please chime in...does the YAW accelerometer work in the Phone app. "Specifically", does this "YAW" feature work "during PAUSES" as the pitch accelerometer does in the Waypoint app?

If this is so.... Then it's all the more reason to develop a "third axis" motor for the Rotorpixel Gimbal

AnselA said:
gunslinger said:
Oh...yeah... sorry... :oops:

Go to Settings... Go to "about" (near the bottom of the page) Go to "Check for new version"... :roll:

-slinger

Please, add the 1.0.41 akp to the software collection on your web site.

Thanks for the reminder... I meant to do that last night... :)

-slinger

gpauk said:
RCRookie said:
If it DOES NOT WORK as described (advertised)...Shouldn't we consider it DEFECTIVE?

Isn't that what the "D" in DJI stands for? :D

Idle curiosity (as I don't use it) - anyone seen an ios update yet?

Yes... The IOS update came out at the same time... 1.0.41

-slinger

RCRookie said:
Slinger...Did you resolve the Waypoint Map issue on your Nexus 7

let me know please.

Yes... GPS settings were not turned on in the Nexus 7 main settings screen. All is now well...

-slinger

Excellent...I was sweating ..thinking my Tablet was "incompatible" with all the new features, as mine is a WIFI only tablet.

thanks for the update.

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
Excellent...I was sweating ..thinking my Tablet was "incompatible" with all the new features, as mine is a WIFI only tablet.

thanks for the update.

The Rookie
:D That's exactly where I was yesterday... :shock:

-It works fine. I'm WIFI only as well...

-slinger

So how does that control the phantom threw the wifi video app???? I trying to wrap my head around how its able to fly the phantom

ha ha no I dint mean how does the app work or how to use it. I was more wondering HOW is the wifi camera app able to control the flight controls to be able to tell it were to fly? Does it some how need to have a 5.8ghx wifi connection and mimic the transmitters signals?

RCRookie said:

Not during a ground station mission, no, You cannot use ANY flight controls during a GS mission, without aborting that mission. That includes YAW, whether done via joystick or phone movement.

You can only use CAMERA controls during a GS mission. That includes camera tilt, camera shutter, settings, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic