Rejoice! Pre-registration open for Part 107 Aeronautical Knowledge Test Unmanned Aircraft General (U

If there is someone out there that understands and can explain this new convoluted process, please post. Is this test at CATS a substitute for going to a physical test center, or is this simply a registration for an physical test center test slot?

Thanks

If there is someone out there that understands and can explain this new convoluted process, please post. Is this test at CATS a substitute for going to a physical test center, or is this simply a registration for an physical test center test slot?

Jeff Antonelli just wrote a great step-by-step "how-to" here:
How to Become a Part 107 Pilot - Practical Advice

Thanks

Thanks, got it scheduled, Good Lord almost as bad as when I took my Pilots exam 20 years ago :)

Will a sUAV pilot need to pass this test to use a sUAV in any circumstance (commercial, business, hobby)? Could someone explain to me exactly what passing the test gets you?

Thank you!

For people that don't already have a pilots license and are newbies wonder what areas where gonna need to study. I might take a class pertaining to part 107 at a testing center near me.

For people that don't already have a pilots license and are newbies wonder what areas where gonna need to study. I might take a class pertaining to part 107 at a testing center near me.
Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge test – initial knowledge test areas include:
  1. Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
  2. Airspace classification and operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
  3. Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
  4. Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance
  5. Emergency procedures
  6. Crew resource management
  7. Radio communication procedures
  8. Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
  9. Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
  10. Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
  11. Airport operations
  12. Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures

Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge test – initial knowledge test areas include:
  1. Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
  2. Airspace classification and operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
  3. Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
  4. Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance
  5. Emergency procedures
  6. Crew resource management
  7. Radio communication procedures
  8. Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
  9. Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
  10. Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
  11. Airport operations
  12. Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
[/QUOTE will I have to pay the 150 when I pre register or when I go to the testing center? Thanks for your help

They are getting farther! Check out these related documents. The questions were just published the other day.

Example questions
https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_questions/media/uag_sample_exam.pdf

Standards
https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/media/uas_acs.pdf

I found all this by digging deeper via the links provided on the CATS web site.

However, there is no direct study guide per se. You have go find and look up all the stuff patched together from the regular pilot training guides. Those are listed in the standards and and under each sample test question.

Quint

I have a date set already for CAT test. As per an newsletter from Jonathan Rupprecht Law I need to register with PSI also. Is there another fee for this, is this a second test, done at the same time, or just a form of testing?

@DroneDiva I called the testing center and spoke with a person for FAA AKT. She said I just needed to register through CATSTEST since that is the FAA. I would be careful with the law office advice and use the information directly from the FAA so you don't get charged for something you don't need.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some of these places offering a Part 107 training are charging RIDICULOUS amounts! I saw one place charging $550 for a class. Heck, I did my PPL for $200. Instrument rating $250. It's not like you have to do a checkride or an oral with a Part 107 certificate either. Man these places are making a lot of money! Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Mfoster82
Some of these places offering a Part 107 training are charging RIDICULOUS amounts! I saw one place charging $550 for a class. Heck, I did my PPL for $200. Instrument rating $250. It's not like you have to do a checkride or an oral with a Part 107 certificate either. Man these places are making a lot of money! Just my 2 cents.

I am with you. Did the FAA pilot Part 61 UAS class online to see what all I need since I don't have a license and used it to prepare. Free. Downloaded the practice test. Free. Downloaded the manuals to help with the test questions and review. Free. Basically, for my 2 cents, just do as FAA states and provides for material. That is what is being tested.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20