Reinforcements for P3S

Reaction score
I installed these reinforcements for my phantom 3 standard but they are not cracked... do you guys think this will protect my aircraft from cracking in these areas?

IMG_0019.JPG
6b86b3c87165c7ecc613df05cb525321.jpg

I installed these reinforcements for my phantom 3 standard but they are not cracked... do you guys think this will protect my aircraft from cracking in these areas?

View attachment 80069
6b86b3c87165c7ecc613df05cb525321.jpg
Good idea did you make,,,,they will help the hardest part is getting them evenly tight..are they same screws...me gona make some:):)

Reactions: macoman
I also just installed these, bought them from amazon as well. Dig the look and fit. I don't think they will prevent cracking but they might help hold things together a bit.

Stupid question??

Are these cracks not easily fixed with some type of glue or adhesive???

Thanks
Bill

Reactions: 805hd
Absolutely

I had a couple small hairline cracks starting to show up on my p3s I used JB Weld kwik set to fill them. Just dabbed it over the crack and wiped it clean a couple times. Then installed the same motor plates as the OP here.

There's a plastic type filler that is recommended to use. I went with the jb weld cause I had it and know it's tough as heck.

Reactions: macoman and ArmyVet
Stupid question??

Are these cracks not easily fixed with some type of glue or adhesive???

Thanks
Bill
Some glues might hold fiberglass resin is good...those cracks on p34k not done many flights ...p3s is over 400 flights no cracks anywhere...:)

Reactions: ArmyVet
I installed the same protectors, 6 months ago.After 50+ flights, no cracks!Best $12 spent.I used a tiny bit of locktite on the 4 motor mount screws.

Reactions: 805hd and macoman
I bought the typical metal end plates which also have longer screws ti mount the motor. Before use - I used PLAST-Weld ... which is same as stuff others quote above ... its sold in various forms but is basically MEK ... Methyl Acetyle Ketone ... used by plastic model people the world over ... it works by melting the plastic to weld the joint. Apply sparingly usually by thin small paint-brush.
Its also what car people use to temporary repair plastic parts if they cannot use the hot-weld gun.

Nigel

I wouldn't bother with the plates or Plast-weld. Use plast-aid. Its completely different then glue or epoxy. It doesn't melt the plastic it basically is plastic. They use it in the pool/spa world and bonds amazing to plastic. If you make it thick enough you can even mold parts with it. Watch YouTube video's on it. There is nothing better for plastic repair. Just open your bird up, take the motors off and let them hang and fill with plast-aid under where the motor seats. Just fill up to the reinforcement cross sections and make it thin so it flows good before it hardens. Just make enough for one arm at a time. Then put back together and you will never have to worry about it again...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20