Regulations for Spain

You will need to check with the airline t&c's how many you can bring.
The batteries will need to be in carry on luggage.

Def wont put Batteries in hold!! I was going to transport in Case as pictured and they will be discharged first! Wonder if ill get away with the Wife carrying a Battery :) Then again ill probably not need 4

20161001_174145_zpsvxr0s0cd.jpg

I guess no reason why she can't carry 1 or 2 in her handbag, as thousand yard said, tape over the terminals slots just to be sure nothing can get in and possibly put something over the power switch which prevents battery from being pushed and turned on.

Thanks for the info, ill get a Battery Bag if I take the 4th, just checked Easyjet T&C

Hand Luggage only!

Portable electronic devices (including medical devices) containing lithium metal or lithium ion cells or batteries
such as watches, calculating machines, cameras, cellular phones, laptop computers, camcorders, etc., when carried by passengers or crew for personal use. Batteries must not exceed 2 g for lithium metal batteries and 100 Wh for lithium ion batteries.

All spare batteries, including lithium metal or lithium ion cells or batteries, for such portable electronic devices must be carried in carry-on baggage only. These batteries must be individually protected to prevent short circuit.

Portable electronic devices containing non-spillable batteries, must be 12 V or less and 100 Wh or less. A maximum of 2 spare batteries may be carried.

Its funny!, all the hair brain Laws that Spain has imposed on anyone flying a drone in a public place, and National Parks, public places,
and what do they do!!
ALLOW THE POLICE TO FLY DRONES 4 times a day along the seafront of Benidorm !!
(suppose to be watching out for bathers in trouble, yeah right !!) double standards I'd say !!
Come on Spain get your head out of the sand pit and let us responsible drone pilots get some fantastic footage of your beautiful country.
What harm are we doing, apart from getting a fabulous view of your country from a different angle.

Last edited:
I am not saying it was not true, just I have never seen one there.

I went to the beaches a lot this summer and never saw one.

Spanish recommendations do not say you can't fly on beach but not near congregations of people.
Ie in winter months beaches are near deserted.

Some people would not even realise that they were there, (if they were up 400 feet)
You cannot even hear my Phantom 4 at that hieght

Hi Robin
I read a while ago that you were looking into insurance, I use FPVUK it cost £15 a year covers all Europe

ray

Hi Ray

DO you need a UK address for that ?

Thats really good price as my broker came up a blank here, even though the websites showed they were supposed to do insurance.

I wasn't sure but have now just checked, yes you're correct you do need to be a UK resident, so living in Spain permanently does have some drawbacks, good job I split between the countries
ray

Yes, I know, its 26 degrees today and the sea is still warm :)

A real hardship.

OK OK I'll give you that but I'll be there soon to enjoy it all, friends of ours are already down there, they have met you before, Peter & Margret in a motorhome, she does the beaches and Pete does the water, a few days ago they were at calpe but have now moved on down a bit

I can't put faces to the names right now, though I do so a few wanderers go through my patch.

Well I just about got through Security at Southend Airport! Had a single Battery in the Wife's Bag which got stopped, but when they opened the case looked at the Media player and said that was fine, missed the 4th Battery though! Drone case got stopped and they said they would need to check with Easyjet if it was OK to take onto the Plane :-( Anyway they went off to call the carier and probably couldn't get hold of anybody, so the lady at Security came back and asked if I could show that the Batteries were flat as I did explain to her before that they were discharged and they were within restricted capacity. She explained that the Batteries were not a problem and just wanted to be sure I was not going to fly it on the Plane. Lmfao, who would fly a Drone on a Plane anyway?? Just waiting for my flight and will update with details of my return trip in a weeks time.

Sent from my SM-N9100 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi. I am a newbie on here and got my first drone yesterday..Phantom 4. I have a house near Nerja in a Natural Park..

I managed to find the same NFZ map as was posted by robinb feom CJI website..

I am very colour blind so I would be very grateful if you could let me know of flying drone near my house is a complete no no or I just have to be sensible..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20