Regretting P3A purchase

No disrespect Lawman, but while your "grounded" , u got a lot of homework to do. When you finally start flying you'll realize that experience is the best teacher!

None taken I agree totally. In my case credit card limit is higher then my IQ. It overloads my common sense

Reactions: Wacker2611
Take it out an fly it. You can worry about software and what it does for eternity, and your drone will sit motionless for eternity, but you're gonna hafta fly it someday. And I don't think the risk is a worry since you 've bought two of them, so money is clearly not an issue. Quit worrying about it and just fly it.

I did today. So much easier and nicer then my P2V, & P2. I will leave those for my wife and friends for now on

wait a second, the p3 doesnt have waypoint control like the p2? i liked that feature and it was very reliable. never tried it for the p3 yet. ive only had the drone for 2 weeks now and im seriously in love with it. 5 stars all the way. way better then the p2 which was awesome as well but this p3 is amazing. the range is phenomenal, fpv livestream quality, flight dynamics, camera, gimbal. i can go on

OP, not sure how you managed to crash it, no offense but this drone is the easist thing to fly. dont make bad decisions and fly in an open area. if you dont have the skill then fly in a high altitude where there is nothing to crash into. thats what i do and i have 2 years experience. sometimes we can get disoriented with the control and hit a tree or whatever but you just need to be easy on the sticks. i havent crash before (knock on wood)

<SNIP SNIP>
Haven't taken P3 up yet but while playing around with it without rotors on I noticed that if you hold the left stick down (towards you) in kills the motors. Does that happen when airborne?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Hi Lawman, I fully understand your reluctance to fly your P3 after surfing these pages - I was the same !

In regards to the left stick down to kill motors; now, I have come up the ranks of P1 &P2 (similar to yourself).BUT I want to warn you about the CSC to kill the motors - like on previous models.
Myself and a few other Pilots on here have had a mishap using that technique we are so acustomed to, - the CSC once landed - to shut down motors.
I have had my P3 restart and cartwheel along the ground.
For that reason I only use the primary method in the handbook - left stick down and hold.
Maybe its because I held CSC too long - but I never had that happen on previous models.

(I must admit I hand catch 100 percent of the time now too.)
All the best.

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
Take it out an fly it. You can worry about software and what it does for eternity, and your drone will sit motionless for eternity, but you're gonna hafta fly it someday. And I don't think the risk is a worry since you 've bought two of them, so money is clearly not an issue. Quit worrying about it and just fly it.

After you fly it you will realize what a good choice you made when you purchased the P3P. With all the negative comments about DJI I am glad I went with them they are open to a lot of negative comments and are constantly trying to improve their products. All this fear about the registration was brought about by people who either are very stupid and fly into these restricted areas or the drone gets away from them. Like the previous post suggests get out and fly it, and fly it responsibly you will enjoy it.

Hi Lawman, I fully understand your reluctance to fly your P3 after surfing these pages - I was the same !

In regards to the left stick down to kill motors; now, I have come up the ranks of P1 &P2 (similar to yourself).BUT I want to warn you about the CSC to kill the motors - like on previous models.
Myself and a few other Pilots on here have had a mishap using that technique we are so acustomed to, - the CSC once landed - to shut down motors.
I have had my P3 restart and cartwheel along the ground.
For that reason I only use the primary method in the handbook - left stick down and hold.
Maybe its because I held CSC too long - but I never had that happen on previous models.

(I must admit I hand catch 100 percent of the time now too.)
All the best.
Yes I practiced with P3 on landing since the military base was landing helos every 5 mintues. I used the left stick down methoed. Take a few secs longer from what I hear. I won't use the CSC because I could hardly ever have a good landing. It would always tip over and dig it's rotors into the ground

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes I practiced with P3 on landing since the military base was landing helos every 5 mintues. I used the left stick down methoed. Take a few secs longer from what I hear. I won't use the CSC because I could hardly ever have a good landing. It would always tip over and dig it's rotors into the ground

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hand catching is the way to go - I haven't landed a drone in over a year - just too easy to tip over. Plus it looks cool to just pick it out of the air... ;)

Reactions: Stinch
So I bought a P2 Vision plus and crashed it. Tore the camera off at the lower swivel and cracked the ceramic Gps antenna. I realized I should have gotten more practice. I then bought a standard p2 to practice (not cheap but cheaper then a P3P. I got a sweet deal on a P3A so I rushed into a purchase. From what I am reading you can't just click on the map for and select points for waypoint flying like the P2 vision. Makes no sense to me that you have to fly the route and save it first. I have a ton of questions but I will start with just a few.

Is the waypoint feature on P2 still working with selecting points on the map or has that been disabled?
Can the P3 do that with a different app?
Haven't taken P3 up yet but while playing around with it without rotors on I noticed that if you hold the left stick down (towards you) in kills the motors. Does that happen when airborne?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

You may want to invistage the "DJI Ultimate Flight" app. It is an Android app in progress with more features being developed every week. You can get the latest info and communicate with the developer at kenargo.com. There is also a forum that provides feedback to the developer on both current & future development goals. This sounds technical but I think you will find what you are looking for. This app is an alternate to the DJI Vision App.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl