Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone registered their birds yet ? I haven't yet and do not plan to. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Most of us have already registered. Any reason for not getting it registered?

I registered and it was very easy. Did not have to give much personal info not even the drones info. It registers you as a drone owner and issues tuba number to label any drones you have

Reactions: throwingwaves
Registered it. No black helicopters arrived, but I'm keeping the tin foil on my head just in case.

I just did mine. Took about 5 min. I don't see any problem there. Same rules-not to fly near airports, fly under 400ft, LOS. etc.... I will obey them.

Registered it. No black helicopters arrived, but I'm keeping the tin foil on my head just in case.
Registered mine.

Side note; I added two antennae to my foil hat and wired them to my remote, getting 10 miles out of my phantom now.

With the AMA suggesting holding off on registration, why are so many jumping right in?

If I understand it correctly, they are arguing that the proposed rules stated that a membership number to a recognized organization would suffice. Not a member so it does not affect me....but I could be wrong about the challenge.

Registered mine.

Side note; I added two antennae to my foil hat and wired them to my remote, getting 10 miles out of my phantom now.

Your registration is a signed contract. If your bird goes down 10 miles away then you may be subject to a hefty fine because you flew it beyond what is deemed LOS. Know what you sign :eek:

I know what I signed. Verified that I was truly me and that they could take $5 from my credit card which they gave back, Also that I had read their "guidelines" and will abide by them. Not registering would not exempt me from the applicable laws and penalties for breaking them.

Besides...I got REALLY good eyesight!

With the AMA suggesting holding off on registration, why are so many jumping right in?
I don't think most folks are AMA members, so there is no benefit to waiting until later. And, as far as I can tell, the AMA is just putting on a dog and pony show to either justify the price of their membership for current members and/or advertise their organization to get new people to join. Let's be honest -- there really isn't much benefit for Phantom owners.

I don't think most folks are AMA members, so there is no benefit to waiting until later. And, as far as I can tell, the AMA is just putting on a dog and pony show to either justify the price of their membership for current members and/or advertise their organization to get new people to join. Let's be honest -- there really isn't much benefit for Phantom owners.
I am a AMA member but still got my FAA registration, why should I not get it done. I had heard that AMA members can use their membership numbers as the new registration number but that didn't materialize.

I've tried to register with not much luck.....tried with two different Emails. Each time I went to register, I put in my email and password --- then was asked to verify email, which I did. Tried to log-in and it tells everyone me my password is incorrect. Changed it at least 4 times, followed the FAA provided link to change password--which I did, and got the same freak'n message about the password. Will try to call tomorrow.

Just double-checking, did you follow this?
"Password must be at least 8 characters in length and contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, and one special character (e.g. !, @, #, %, etc.)"

I agree, I highly doubt the AMA is going to change the minds of the FAA. I'm sure the FAA desires to have one database of information for simplicity, able to update everyone at a moments notice when rules change over the next few years.

What I'd like to know is who has access to the database? What happens when the database is leaked? You know that will happen. I bet the Chinese are working on that right now, hacking into the database. LOL

Does the local police dept have direct access to the database?

How does the FAA get involved if my bird is lost (such as a battery failure, falling in some guys back yard). Will the FAA only be involved if there are claimed damages? Will the public call their local police dept, or FAA? I'm not paranoid, I would just like to know what the usage process is, since I think I have the right to know, given they work for the public.

If a bad guy wants to do something illegal, he's not going to register his craft. Nothing forces him to register it. It's only the good guys like us that will be impacted if lets say the craft falls from the sky and causes a car crash, or hits and injures a person, etc. Only the responsible guys are liable, the bad guys won't be.

Also, who can demand to see my registration # on the craft? I would assume the local police and any field FAA personnel (I've never seen a field FAA guy, what do they look like?). I assume I'm under no obligation to prove to a private citizen that I'm registered, right? Other than maybe say, yeah I'm registered. I'm not showing my numbers to anyone that I don't have to. If the police don't have direct access, they really can't match up a number with a pilot, on the spot. So there's no need to worry about anyone challenging you when you're flying, assuming of course the police don't have direct access, which I really doubt they will.

Last edited:
Because I do not agree with AMA's rationale for members not having to register directly with the FAA while non-members do register.

I also do not think that they will be successful with their argument.

What I'd like to know is who has access to the database? What happens when the database is leaked? You know that will happen.
The dead tree phone book companies have been leaking my name, address, and phone number for years all over town. I'm not too paranoid about it though.

What I'd like to know is who has access to the database? What happens when the database is leaked? You know that will happen.
What's the worst that could happen?
Someone could get a list of people that own a drone.
But they aren't going to know whether anyone has a $50 kid's toy or something that costs $10k or more.

Reactions: Damocleez
What's the worst that could happen?
Someone could get a list of people that own a drone.
But they aren't going to know whether anyone has a $50 kid's toy or something that costs $10k or more.

Point well made. My guess, just an opinion mind you, is that we will eventually receive some direct email marketing concerning drones, accessories and the like, along with a lot more unwanted spam. This assumes the database becomes available to the public or is perhaps hacked by someone. Hopefully, that's the worse that could happen. I can't imagine too much worse than that or least I don't want too...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1