Registration numbers are secure.

Hey, I was told that our Phantoms have a black box in them anyway. Also a voice recorder too. I seen my friends number. It's kind of long actually. So, instead of an N number, we get an F number?

I also heard it has a transponder and altimeter. :D N numbers are for commercial drones. F numbers go to recreation/hobbyist.

Last edited:
Whiners whining about whiners, whos whining again?

Attachments

• 1450847131694.jpg
    1450847131694.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: Damocleez
So with N numbers being displayed so blatantly, shouldn't A/C owners be afraid of N thieves using their numbers to get away with big capers?
In the FAQ, the FAA has stated that the registry will only be searchable by number, not like the N-Number registry. Keep your registration number private, on the inside of your bird - you have no reason to share it with anyone except perhaps law enforcement.

And no, I'm not worried about someone breaking into my house for my drone. There are far more valuable things here than that, and I'm armed. So, good luck.

I guess it could be done but I don't see the point. If someone where going to fly a drone into the White House, prison, etc. they could just do it without a registration number. Why go to the trouble of trying to stealing one.

Reactions: Damocleez
Well, that was a fun read. :)

Some people have nothing better to do......I love aviation and I love flying, all kinds, any kind. I think that is what brings most of us together here on this forum. Trying to convince MOST of us that the FAA is bad, the government is bad, and bad people are going to do bad things with my number doesn't FLY HERE. Pun intended. You are not saying anything new. Everyone has heard that song. Why can't we focus on what we like about flying and teach each other from our experiences. Everyone knows there is evil in the world. I fly to get away from all that crap and feel good about what I am doing. Having FUN. Can WE change the tune here? PLEASE.

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl