Registration number kits

I think you may have misread it. :) It is a Brother brand label maker.
I would be willing to make some up for folks here. I already sell Fragile Instrument stickers for cases on the forum. ;)

Same here. I have a Brother label maker that makes 1' tall labels with anything, pictures, words, QU codes all designed on the computer.

If I remember correctly, DYMO (a longtime standard in the "label maker" business) has some models that offer the same (possibly more) features as the Brother brand printer you mentioned. Additionally, they have some models that can simultaneously hold two different rolls for example, one thin & one thick, or one white & one colored, etc).

Quality-wise, Brother has seriously gone down over the past couple decades. This could be due, in part, to their constant expansion into additional product types (they originally only produced sewing machines, and now produce products in approximately a dozen different categories. Also, whereas they used to manufacture everything themselves, they now utilize OEMs to manufacture a large number of their products. DYMO, " the other hand, while no longer under its original ownership, has always stuck to a single product type - label makers. Personally, I've had problems with a few Brother products (my battery-powered typewriter, cira mid-1980s was great, but everything since then was garbage).

I have hp laser printer and it supports multiple types of labels. I believe all latest printers will support label printing.

I have both brands I use for my business and they both have their issues from time to time. Honestly I have more issues with the Dymo than the Brother but I like them both. The Dymo has a mind of it's own sometimes. :)
I have hp laser printer and it supports multiple types of labels. I believe all latest printers will support label printing.
Most any printer will print label sheets and Avery puts the sheet style number on the packaging. Just use the template that corresponds to the sheet you are using.
I like the label printer as the labels are weather resistant. ;)

Reactions: alokbhargava
Page 131 of the Marking Requirements PDF

“Finally, a number of commenters assumed that an FAA registration number would include the “N” prefix that is used for identification of U.S. registered aircraft. The agency clarifies that the registration numbers issued to small unmanned aircraft under the IFR are not intended to be used for nationality identification and thus will not include the “N” prefix because the part 48 registration process is available only to small unmanned aircraft operating within the United States.”
What does this have to do with the labelling the P3, which this thread was requested to be limited to? :rolleyes:

I have both brands I use for my business and they both have their issues from time to time. Honestly I have more issues with the Dymo than the Brother but I like them both. The Dymo has a mind of it's own sometimes. :)

Most any printer will print label sheets and Avery puts the sheet style number on the packaging. Just use the template that corresponds to the sheet you are using.
I like the label printer as the labels are weather resistant. ;)
I prefer the labels that are not weather resistant and "inadvertently" peel off their lettering in flight, leaving only the bare white adhesive part behind. ;)

This is what I can make. Any style font, I have thousands of fonts.
I can also do this with black text and clear tape. This stuff will last outside for years.

IMG_1827.jpg

Before you register just think about this: Two weeks ago I was notified by the US Bureau of Personnel Management that they had been hacked and ALL the information including SSN, CC numbers, bank accounts and other personal information was compromised. The Bureau had that information because any employee involved in the aviation industry was required to have a criminal background check by the FBI. I had to close all my CC's, change bank and brokerage accounts and subscribe to services that monitor my financial interests to attempt to prevent fraud.

While I'm not against registering, it will be a very cold day in hell before I make that information available to them again. Either they accept cash or money order and they can forget me giving them my SSN because they already have it and gave it away to the world. I wasn't allowed to change my SSN number.

I had my identity stolen before and the consequences of it are still on going. So think twice before you put your information in their slimy hands!

Last edited:
What does this have to do with the labelling the P3, which this thread was requested to be limited to? :rolleyes:
I put this up here because people were talking of their already registered "N" numbers and how they were going to display them. This excerpt is stating that the "N" number designation cannot be used for the identification on our Phantoms.:rolleyes:

I have this beast that I bought 8 months ago, but have never used. Off to find the manual!!

1931897_797339037060839_1573179216_n.jpg

I've been looking for that pair of scissors it shows are there, but damned if I can find them!!

A little clarification... The FAA will not be collecting information. A Third Party Contractor has designed
the registration web site, and they will maintain the records. This is definitely over-regulation imho, but
an unfortunate obstacle in our hobby now. The deadline is February 19, 2016, so you don't have to do it
right away. IF you do it within 30 days, they'll credit your $5 fee back to you. At $5.00 for ALL your drones
(that meets criteria) for three years, This isn't a cash grab... (but it can be turned into one knowing
the Gov't)

Here's my label maker special Reg# Applied (Blurred a bit for the .001%):

20151222_191421_zpsdnx3r795.jpg

Laminated the Registration Card... I'm worry free now. The rules are easy enough to follow... even if you don't,
you'll have to get caught to be penalized... so IF you're in the sticks and go over 400', odds are you'll never be
a blip on the radar. Just keep flying smart, call the airport if you're close by.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik