Registration labels for newbs

Reaction score
This is what I did, feel free to chime in with other suggestions.

1. Printed my FAA/UAS registration certificate in multiple copies, one for each drone case, and one to keep in my wallet. I also uploaded a pdf of this to Dropbox which is available on all of my devices, but stored in the cloud.

2. I added printed labels to the drones/quads. I used Avery mail labels #8167 to put inside my battery enclosures and on the batteries themselves (in case they somehow got separated), additionally you can use a Brother or P-touch tape labeler as those are waterproof, but mine was out of tape...so I used paper laser labels for now.

3. The template for Avery 8167 can be found free on the Avery website or on Google Docs.
search google for "Avery 5167 or 8167 label template" there are several free documents that you can edit and print directly from your browser.

4. I put two labels inside my battery enclosure of the Phantom and two labels on the exterior shell of the other quads.
Two labels fit perfecting on either side of the factory stickers inside the enclosure of my P4, they are of the same size as standard mailing labels you used to get free from the bank and whatnot.

5. As a precaution for any encounters with angry citizens or law enforcement, I downloaded a copy of the FAA guidlienes for drones and put into a pdf and stored that in Dropbox as well....in case somebody wanted to say "I know its against the federal guidelines to fly.....blah blah blah".

6. I am working on getting a copy of my areas local ordinances regarding drones in pdf as well and will also store in Dropbox.

Again this is just an example of what I did, feel free to chime in with other methods.

Label #1 reads:
FAA / UAS Cert#
FA123456789 exp: 1/5/20

Label # 2 reads:
This device is GPS tracked
If found, please contact:
123-456-7890

All of this information fite clearly and easily readable on the 8167 labels.

You certainly have all of you bases covered.

I just wrote the number on the side with crayon....

;)

Having said that, it's starting to come off so I'm going to print out some labels as I'm sure they will last longer.

...and I lied it was sharpie.

I put the pdf with the number that the FAA emails in iBooks with the user manual so I always have it.

You certainly have all of you bases covered.

I just wrote the number on the side with crayon....

;)

Having said that, it's starting to come off so I'm going to print out some labels as I'm sure they will last longer.

...and I lied it was sharpie.

sharp rock would work too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan